Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Three of Wands/The Hermit reversed. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) tells of the excitement of seeking out uncharted areas with an optimism that says that no matter what happens, it will be good.  This card also reminds me that sometimes premonitions are to be listened to.  The Hermit corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), as well as Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), and upright is about searching within for a deeper meaning.  Because my Hermit is reversed, the time for solitary soul searching might be over.  Rather than looking within, I should be anticipating some positive events on the way.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Cups reversed. The Prince/Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and without restraint or grounding.  He may appear calm, cool and collected to others, but my Prince of Cups is actually filled with intense passion.  He is reversed, so the calmness may be within me today.  In any event, this is another Cups card that is telling of a bit of an imbalance.  Perhaps my dreamy connection to my inner self may cause me to trip and skin my knee.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords reversed, flavored by the Ace of Coins. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) in an upright position is outspoken, assured, alert, and logical, as well as rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  My Knight is reversed, and this could mean that logic and analysis may not be my friend today.  It is okay to speak my mind, but I should be careful that I don’t hurt someone. The Ace of Coins (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world.  My Ace of Coins is flavoring my reversed Knight of Swords, and the grounding and focus on the physical world (with its predictability and orderliness) just might balance out his need to dominate or criticize.  After all, the Ace of Coins brings the potential for stability into the mix.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of a pause and assessment as growth begins to slow and degeneration approaches, often asking for a choice of some kind.

My horoscopes: “Other people may be demanding of you, Sagittarius, so do what you can to please the crowd. Don't go overboard in thinking you need to be someone you're not, and certainly don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Be generous with your affection, but make sure you receive emotional support in return. There are likely to be some imbalances that need minor adjustments.

And: “You probably spend a lot of time and energy convincing your friends or gathering people you love around you. Sometimes, your actions are vain or they won't have the result you were waiting for. Shouldn't you change your attitude? Today, you will be feeling out of shape and you need to use your energy wisely!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Five of Wands.  The image on the Shadowscapes Five of Wands is such a great metaphor for its energies.  It shows a hunter and a bunch of foxes, running willy-nilly, and the prey, the little rabbit, is bounding away to safety, not even seen because of all the confusion.  What a great way to use the energies of this card!

I had such a wonderful weekend, and I would be remiss if I did not memorialize the events here, as they brought me much pleasure, and even a bit of evolution. 

For the third year, I attended the Solstice Salon at the Wayne Contingency of the Pagan Brain Trust.  What a truly wonderful tradition this has become!  Phillie, from the West Coast Contingency, was in attendance again, as well as three other dear friends.  Yes, last year there was a larger group, and it was truly fun to talk to so many different versions of “woo-woo.”  But it seems that we all felt this year’s Salon needed to be more intimate.  As always, a delicious multi course meal was presented, and meaningful gifts were exchanged.  The topics of conversation roamed far and wide, as they tend to do when this group gets together.  And once the Witching Hour passed, we went on to what we call the “After Party,” with just the five of us connecting with a depth that is amazing.

Despite having a busy day on Sunday, I did not get home until almost 3 am Sunday morning (which seems to be traditional for me, as far as Solstice Salons go).  I was able to sleep, despite the fact that my mind was rehashing our many conversations; must be because my belly was full of delicious food. 

I had planned on attending a 9 am Yoga Class, but I decided that since I was still recovering from bronchitis and I had a long day ahead of me, I would be better off sleeping in.  I did get up with enough time to do my own Yoga practice, and then we headed into New York to meet Bob’s clients for dinner and a show.

We went to see Chaplain, and it was awesome!  I was moved to tears at the end of the play.  We had great seats (we sat in the middle of the front row!), and the icing on the cake was that Phillie told me last night that he knows the star of this show!  After the Show, we all walked over to Sardi’s and had a delicious dinner.  Needless to say, once we finally got home, I headed for bed.

Well, if the world ends on Friday and this was my last weekend, I could not have come up with a better itinerary. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment