Sunday, April 1, 2012


And, it’s Transparent Oracle Sunday!  As usual, my question today is “What do I need to know?”  After shuffling, the cards I threw were:


12, Weather: Lightning (South): South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity. In the T-O, the weather associated with the South is Lightning, and oh boy, does this make sense.  After all, South is about Fire, and Lightning is about a sudden eruption of heat and flame and light.  The energies of this card are full of drama, and maybe even a bit scary at times, but they are a great way to break down and end the effectiveness of blockages.

53, Guide: Sidhe (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Sidhe are the Fae, and my Patroness, Danu, is sacred to them, so I have a strong connection to this card and its effects.  This card is encouraging me to look beyond the surface, physical world effects of my day, to the deeper, less obvious and more magickal effects of the realms of the Fae.  The cool thing is that if I can make this connection, I just might be able to bring these astral realms effects into the physical world for manifestation. 

34, Time of Day: Midnight (North). North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Midnight is the time of day associated with mysteries, and with the dark of the moon, when the light of the more dim stars is visible.  This is a time when there are few distractions, and when even the softest of whispers can be heard.

My initial thoughts regarding this mandala are that the crescent moon of the Midnight card seems to be blocking two of the three faces on the Sidhe card, the two that are the lower corners of the triangle formed on this card.  However, every other star on the Midnight card is positioning itself just over the head of each of the Sidhe, as if they were in the crown chakra of each figure.  While the foundation of this card is incredibly potent, I am feeling as if there are some messages being offered by the Sidhe card, possibly interpretations.

It is interesting to me that the card of quiet and solitude and secrets that is Midnight is at one end of this reading, and the card of bright light and sudden eruptions and powerful releases that is Lightning is at the other end.  In between lies the Sidhe card, presenting itself as a Guide who will lead me to an understanding of both extremes. 

A Later Addition:  Today is the first day of the Spring Fitness Challenge (http://getoffyourbroom.blogspot.com/p/spring-into-fitness-fitness-challenge.html) presented on the Get Off Your Broom Witchy Fitness Blog (http://getoffyourbroom.blogspot.com/).  I am already exercising (metabolic discipline, remember?), but this is going to be some great encouragement.  The Challenge is presenting fitness in a new way: through an awareness of the Elements.  Since my entire Path is element-focused, this just may be a useful way to explore fitness of mind, body and spirit.  So, I will be using a sort of Metabolic/Elemental Discipline throughout this challenge. 

Earth rules the entire physical world and all of its manifestations.  To me, Earth represents not only the physiological operations of our bodies, but the physical world around me.  Within this Challenge, I will be striving to increase my awareness of the workings of my body, as well as striving to increase my use of my interactions with my environment in order to challenge my body.

Air rules the mind, the intellect, thinking, and air and the act of breathing and all effects associated with breathing.  Within this Challenge, I will be striving to make informed and aware choices regarding my body and how I keep it healthy, as well as striving to increase my connection to Kundalini in order to purify my body.

Fire rules passion, courage, the life force and the Will, and movement of all kinds and all effects associated with movement.  It is only within the recent past that we as a species have had the opportunity to sit, even through working or our jobs.  Our bodies are meant to move.  Within this Challenge, I will be striving to constantly remind myself that when I am active, my entire body, physical, mental and spiritual, works in an optimum manner.

Water rules emotions and feelings and all effects associated with emotions and feelings, and for our purposes Water will also be about cleansing, flushing and purifying.  Within this Challenge, I will be striving to be aware of the effects my emotions, my feelings, and my expectations have on me, as well as striving to drink more water in order to flush toxins from my body.

I do not have a scale available to me on Sundays, so I will be presenting my weight as of the previous Friday.  For this week: 156 pounds.

$>

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, indeed. The universe is always doing things to promote balance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does! I think the most difficult thing we all need to learn is that we have the power to bring dynamic balance into our lives. In fact, we are each probably the only person who can truly bring balance to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement. :-)

      Delete
  3. YW! If we stick together, we will all be successful!

    ReplyDelete