Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Six of Wands reversed/The Hanging Man. “Victory” is Crowley’s keyword for the Six of Wands (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, noble, authoritative) which expresses the celebration we feel when we have passed some test or successfully met a challenge.  My Six is reversed, so this might not be a day filled with pride in my accomplishments.  I might feel a bit isolated today, or maybe unable to connect to my creative abilities. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card is about surrender, about seeing things in a new way, and about putting aside my Will.  This is not a card of action, and paired with that reversed Six of Wands, I just might want to hold back today.  I think that if I try to look at things in a different way, maybe even turn them upside down, I might see a better method.  Sometimes it is better to put off till tomorrow what I can do today.

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups reversed.  “Love” reversed. “Love” is Uncle Al’s keyword for The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody), which is about love and connections, usually about relationships and commonalities.  My Two of Cups is reversed today, so bonds may not grow stronger today, and perhaps I might find that I am more comfortable when not interacting with others.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Coins reversed, flavored by the Five of Cups reversed. The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments.  Because it is a number 7 card, and because it is of the suit of Coins (which corresponds with the element of Earth), it is a bit of a heavy card.  However, my Seven of Coins is reversed today, so there just might be momentum in my physical world.  This might be one of those cards that is mostly better in a reversed position, although the action might not bring much reward today. The Five of Cups (Mars, action, aggression, drive, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, mysterious, obsessive) tells of an emotional setback or a lack of support, but my Five of Cups is reversed; another card that is better in a reversed position.  I may not connect effectively with my emotions and feelings, and in fact there might be a bit of stagnation in that regard.  Perhaps the action spoken of by my reversed Seven of Coins should happen without the interference of my emotions or feelings.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “A love partner could contact you out of the blue, Sagittarius, perhaps proposing that the two of you get together tonight - alone. You're in just the mood for this, since you're feeling especially sexy and not particularly afraid to show it. An evening at home or in a dark corner of your favorite restaurant might be just the ticket. Don't be surprised if your friend orders champagne and shows up with flowers! Have fun!

And: “Today is well aspected for making new friends, dear Sagittarius. Your sense of adventure is, without a doubt, up to this! You will be your usual confident self, but others will seem to respond even more than usual to your charisma. You may meet someone who lives far away at a party, and be invited to visit them at a later date. What a wonderful opportunity for travel

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Knight of Pentacles.  Focused and persistent are qualities of this Knight, and that may be a good thing or it may be a bad thing.  This Knight is not good at seeing or accepting new methods of doing things, but he will get the job done for sure; yes, he is that dependable!

Had a nice weekend; gardening and a late Saturday Reiki Share with the PBT (even though I was more than half asleep), a rainy Sunday, and Monday spent preparing for my trip to Murrell’s Inlet this coming weekend.  This morning, I gave a Vedic Thai Massage to Andrew, and went shopping for clothes.  I’ve been keeping up with my exercising as well, pre-burning before my trip.

I will not be bringing all my Tarot decks with me on my trip; I will throw two cards each day from my Legacy Tarot, and once I get home I will be back to normal.  So you will get a bit of Tarot while I’m away, just not the whole shebang.

Let’s start talking in detail about the gunas.  First, Heavy.  Heavy corresponds to the elements of Water and Earth; Heavy nourishes tissues, especially muscle and fat, it causes weight gain, suppresses metabolism, increases sleepiness, and clogs or coats the channels of the body.  Heavy foods are used in tonics that increase muscle mass, fat tissue and strength.  Some foods are considered to have Heaviness because they are highly nutritious, while others are considered to be Heavy because they are slow to digest. 

Too much Heavy can be treated with more Light, or more Bitter.  We can also treat an excess of Heaviness by fasting, by getting up early and by exercising.

Heavy can be treated by its opposite, Light.  Light foods reduce the viscosity of the blood; they purify, they can bring alertness, clarity, increased oxygen levels.  However, they can also bring spaciness, instability and ungroundedness.  Light foods are easy to digest, and in fact some facilitate digestion; they help us to lose weight, cleanse our channels, and possibly increase the duration of life. 

Too much Light needs to be treated with more Heavy, more Sweet, or more Liquid.  The mind tends to enjoy Lightness, however the body needs a bit of rest, a routine, and less stress in order to become more grounded.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment