Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Fool/Nine of Cups. The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool approaches life as an adventure and expects that he will succeed.  He encourages me to cultivate new endeavors and tells me that a tiny bit of risk may very well double my pleasure. The Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about emotional satisfaction and the ability to find pleasure in my feelings and in my expectations for the day.  My Llewellyn Welsh Nine of Cups tells of nourishment, fertile surroundings, luck and romance.  These two cards together are incredibly optimistic.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Swords.  “Cruelty” is Crowley’s keyword for this card, which fell out of the deck while I was shuffling so I put it back in, and threw it anyway. So I guess it is important. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  I am being told that I may very well be setting myself up to be a slave to stress.  I don’t see this as being a part of my day, at least not in an obvious way.  Perhaps I am being told by this card to be a bit less serious.

My Legacy card is the Nine of Cups (again!), flavored by the Ace of Wands. The Legacy of the Divine Nine of Cups tells of material happiness.  The Gateway to the Divine mentions the correspondence of the Nine of Cups and wishes; however, while this card usually indicates that we will get our wish, it also warns us that we need to be very careful what we wish for, because that is exactly what we will get.  This card also reminds us that we should focus on the bounty we already have instead of wishing for the things we don’t have.  The Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly) tells of the presence of inspiration that could very well bring creativity and passion into my life.  Perhaps that is what I should be wishing for, and manifesting!

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious response to the beginning of degeneration presented by the number 7 in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “An opportunity to travel to a place you've always wanted to visit, perhaps for business reasons, could come your way today, Sagittarius. This could be very exciting, but you might have some difficulty making the arrangements. Flights could be full, hotels too costly, and responsibilities at home might need attention. But you can find a way to deal with any obstacle. Think creatively and get busy!

And: “Don't listen to gossip today. Whatever rumors are spreading are likely to be based on false assumptions, and are totally outside reality. Yet someone around you who loves to talk has a way of being very convincing! Take everything you hear that you can't immediately verify with a grain of salt - if not the whole shaker. There's definitely something rotten going on. Avoid it like the plague!

My Shadowscapes Insight is the Ten of Pentacles.  Wow, this card is showing up often.  It tells me that sticking to the rules, being focused, and doing what I’m supposed to do on a regular basis is the recipe for success.  This card is about enjoying affluence and bounty, and about using this bounty as a starting point to manifesting my vision of the future into reality.

Within my efforts to maintain increased Elemental/Metabolic Discipline (and the maintenance of the Fermentation process, which is already underway), I have begun to study a bit of ayurvedic medicine.  Ayurveda presents three body humors that make up the physical and subtle body, the balance of which brings health and well being.  The three doshas are called Vata, Pitta and Kapha.  According to Wikipedia, they are defined as follows: Vata is the impulse principle necessary to mobilize the function of the nervous system. It affects the windy humor, flatulence, gout, rheumatism, etc.  Pitta is the bilious humor, or that secreted between the stomach and bowels and flowing through the liver and permeating spleen, heart, eyes, and skin; its chief quality is heat. It is the energy principle which uses bile to direct digestion and hence metabolism into the venous system.  Kapha is the body fluid principle which relates to mucous, lubrication and the carrier of nutrients into the arterial system.

The Joyful Belly website describes them as follows: “Vata, Pitta, and Kapha mean small, medium and large. More deeply dosha describes three basic patterns of how we use energy. Vata spends energy. Pitta manages it. Kapha stores it. Dosha also predicts how the body responds to change. For example, Kapha and Vata rise in response to cold temperature. Pitta rises in response to hot temperature.

Everyone has all three doshas within their body and persona, at different levels.  There are lists of considerations to be pondered in order to determine which of the three is the primary influence on each of us.  But the interesting thing is that by determining the strength of influence of each of the doshas, I can determine what foods to eat when, what exercises to do when, what to bring into my life and what to avoid.  I wonder if this could be a valuable assistance to my efforts . . . .

More to follow.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment