Friday, April 6, 2012

Queen of Cups/The Hanging Man.  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  This Queen is very good at doing her own thing with confidence and yet meshing well with the people and events around her.  Everyone feels fed and nurtured just by being with this Queen, and people may feel that way about me as well today.  The Hanging Man also corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought); this card is about surrender, about seeing things in a new way, and about putting aside my Will.  These two cards mesh well, and together they remind me that transformation often comes through meditation, through such disciplines as Yoga, and through cultivating an awareness that goes beyond the effects of the physical world.

My Thoth card is the Three of Cups reversed.  The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) in an upright position is about connections, and about blessings, but not blessings of the physical world.  Because my Three of Cups is reversed, I am being reminded that while connections and the support of others are needed for health and well-being, I can’t allow those connections and that support to weigh me down.

My Legacy card is Death, flavored by the Knight of Coins.  The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped.  Death is one of the cards that has appeared before these past days, and it seems that stagnation is no longer to be allowed or encouraged; change and transformation are in the air, whether I want them to be there or not..  The Knight of Coins (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  He is flavoring my Death card, so I am being told that I should stay grounded, have patience, and not try to rush things.  Change will come, but it should be allowed to come at its own pace.

My Pearls of Wisdom Full Moon card is the King of Swords.  The King (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof) is a good judge of people and situations, and is good at articulating those judgments.  I am being told that for the next two weeks, I will have a nice connection to my intellect and the workings of my mind.  I won’t be afraid to act, and I will be able to keep my emotions balanced.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability. 

My horoscopes: “Generally, you come up with the perfect, witty answer one day too late. Impulse and intuition take a back seat to your excellent self-control. The day ahead presents one opportunity to let go of the inhibition that sometimes stymies you. Yield to your instincts a little and see what happens. A little more socializing wouldn't hurt, either. You're certainly entitled to some fun now and then!”

And: “A social event, possibly involving a group you're affiliated with, could put you in touch with a lot of intriguing and congenial people who share your interests and who could become friends. Among them could be a potential romantic partner - or a current partner could accompany you to this event. Whichever it is, both of you are likely to feel good about the event, and probably will see your new friends again.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Hanging Man.  This card tells of being able to come to “. . . that place of deep meditation where thought becomes action and where the stillness speaks with the voices of the gods.” [Shadowscapes Companion.]  In order to arrive at that place, we must sacrifice our attachment to logic, we must allow our vision to blur, and we must surrender our control of our world.

Today is the Full Green Grass Moon, and oh boy, am I feeling these wonderful lunar energies.  Is this because of the Elemental/Metabolic Discipline I have been imposing upon myself these past weeks?  Is it because whatever pollen I am allergic to is going away, and thus my brain is no longer fogged in?  Is it because Beltane is approaching, and the energies of the Sacred Masculine are becoming more easy to sense?  Or am I merely anticipating a great weekend that will be spent mostly in my garden?

I’m not going to look a gift horse in the mouth; whatever the reason, I am going to enjoy how I am feeling.  And after a nice, long walk through town this evening, I am going to relax and have a nice dinner, and then go down to the beach for moon rise. 

Full Moon Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment