Sunday, April 8, 2012

Transparent Oracle Sunday!!  As usual, after asking the question “what do I need to know?” and shuffling the cards, I threw:

54, Guide: Giant (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  Giant reminds us that we never know if we have real courage unless we are faced with real fear.  Challenges serve a purpose, and if we don’t tax our muscles or our Will to the breaking point, we won’t ever have the opportunity to prove to ourselves that we really are strong enough, intelligent enough, focused enough to get the job done.  We won’t ever have the first-hand experience of proving to ourselves that we are stronger, braver and more skilled than we ever could anticipate.

2, Weather: Wind (East).  East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Wind is powerful energy, but it is chaotic and unpredictable; the cool thing about this kind of energy is that it is very useful for clearing away the dust bunnies.  Of course, I won’t be able to control the effects of Wind, but if I am open to surprises and agile, I should be able to take advantage of whatever surprises come my way.

69, DNA/Labyrinth (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  The DNA/Labyrinth card is a card of self-exploration, and today I am seeing this card as having a similar message to The Hanging Man of the Major Arcana: change your perspective and you will perceive the message. 

When I stacked these three cards, the first sensation I got was of chaos.  Then, I saw a bait ball.  And finally, I noticed the eyes of the Giants, peeking out from amid the chaos.  Aha!  This is a test; I get it. This is like those magic pictures that I always have so much trouble with, the ones that just show a repetitive pattern but if you can manage to unfocus your eyes a bit, you will see the hidden image.  I am being told by this mandala that there is a very important message for me that I need to work at in order to perceive.  This message is hidden, and it may come flying by unexpectedly and pass away without warning, so I had better be alert.  The effort will be worthwhile for the message will act as a key or catalyst that will bring a greater understanding of myself.  Awesome!

Update on the Spring Fitness Challenge!  I actually had a good week.

Earth: I have worked to be aware of and understand the machine that is my physical body, especially digestion.  My system works better if I eat a lot of vegetables, and so I’ve had a salad for at least one meal each day this week. 

Air: This is the biggest change I’ve implemented this week.  I have eaten with awareness, no mindless munching, no uncontrolled indulgence of my sweet tooth.  And considering that this is a holiday weekend, with company and good food and lots of candy, this has been tough to stick to.

Fire: Movement is already a part of my day, but I’ve increased my awareness of the warmth of my muscles when they get warmed up, and how good they feel.  I have done my stretches and some Yoga each day this week, and I have walked for about 40 minutes each day this week.  Beach walking Friday, yesterday and today.  Plus gardening, which actually taps into all the elements.

Water: I have been trying to add at least one full glass of water a day; I also am bringing back my lemon cleanse.  The juice of one lemon squeezed into a glass of ice water seems to act as a gentle colon cleanse for me, and I will be doing this cleanse once a week for this entire Spring Fitness Challenge.

And now for the most frightening part: stepping onto the scale!  And the good news is that I’ve lost a pound.  I usually take two or three weeks before the scale starts showing a weight loss, but I do feel a bit firmer.  My imagination?  We shall see.

$>

1 comment:

  1. I really like your plan, it is something I needed to read to incorporate into my own goals, if you don't mind :-). Thanks for sharing it!
    ~Shari

    ReplyDelete