Thursday, April 5, 2012

Knight of Pentacles/The Horned One reversed.  The Knight of Pentacles (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring.  He tells me that I need to plan and choreograph every moment today, but is he right?  Not according to The Horned One! The Horned One or Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things.  The only planning this card encourages is planning that involves enjoying the pleasures of the physical senses.  Two very physical world connected, very intense cards; might need a bit of balance, eh?

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups.  The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to the inner voice.  The Princess/Page is a less mature incarnation of the Queen of Cups, and tells me that I might not be as in control of my emotions as I think I am.  But I feel good anyway.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords, flavored by the Three of Cups reversed.  The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) is about potential within the mental or intellectual realms.  This Ace is about challenges, but if I stay the course, it could be about rewards, too.  It is being flavored by the reversed Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody), which in an upright position is about connections, and about blessings, but not blessings of the physical world.  Because my Three of Cups is reversed, it is reminding me that in order to fulfill the potential of mu Ace, I may need to get rid of distractions and work in a solitary fashion.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the number 1 and the balance, duality, polarity and concept of distance between of the number 2.

My horoscopes: “You might be frustrated with romance because it seems to be causing more tension than relaxation, Sagittarius. No one said love was easy, but it doesn't have to be miserable. The key is to not get too stressed out about the little things. Know and expect that some things aren't going to match your expectations. You simply have no control over some aspects of a relationship - the other person, for example.”

And: “A social event or group activity could involve a number of people, including some close friends, who share your intellectual, philosophical or spiritual interests. A romantic partner could choose to attend this occasion with you. The conversation is likely to be so stimulating that by the close of the event your mind could well be spinning. If you can, walk home! You'll want to clear your head so you'll be able to sleep.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Queen of Wands.  This card is about being gracious and able to be the center of attention without commanding it, about being confident in your abilities and confident that you will be able to make the best out of any situation.  No arrogance here, just serene acceptance that things are as they should be.

I think I’ve finally turned the allergy fog corner.  Finally, I am more alert, feel more energized.  And I am looking forward to a weekend in Cape May with family, walking on the beach and digging in my beloved garden. 

What is this energy I was without these past weeks?  Energy can be magical, alchemical, potential, relative, reactionary, elemental or emotional.  It can be raised through spiritual ecstasy, or through simple stretches.  Dancing raises energy, and so does laughter.  The frustrating thing for me is that sometimes it is just so darned difficult to make that first plug-in so that the energy can flow, can fill me up.  Once I make the initial connection it just gets easier and easier to raise that energy and feel it fill me with its tingling warmth. 

Can I maintain this level of alertness and focus?  Can I maintain this Elemental/Metabolic Discipline?  Yes!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment