Friday, March 30, 2012

Four of Cups/Ten of Cups reversed.  The Four of Cups (the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, nurturing, tenacious, moody), which tells me that today an awareness of my own feelings and a contemplation of those feelings could be a huge part of my focus.  This is one of the heavier cards in the deck, and there is a danger of becoming so inwardly focused that I become apathetic. The Ten of Cups (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, spirituality, suffering and growth) in an upright position offers the manifestation of happiness and fulfillment. My Ten of Cups is reversed, so in a way it is offering support to the Four of Cups, which tells of a bit of isolation.  I may have peace today, but I will need to be careful that I don’t isolate myself too much.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups.  Another Cups card!  The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) is very emotional, dreamy, social, and connected to the inner voice.  Others may think this Princess is shirking her duties, but she’s not.  She is just quiet.  This card can also represent an emotional turning point; after all, the Princess/Page is also a messenger, and the message this Page brings to me is related to emotions and feelings.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Wands reversed, flavored by the Ace of Wands.  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a card which tells of being taxed to some perceived limit.  However, my Ten of Wands is reversed, so it is telling me that I’m not done quite yet.  The cool thing is that my Ten is being flavored by the Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly).  Granted, Aces are potential only, but this Ace is reinforcing the idea that my Fiery creativity has not run out of fuel yet!  This pair is not about doing things halfway.

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness of effect or manifestation.

My horoscopes: “Suddenly you seem more glamorous than usual, Sagittarius. You may exert a mysterious appeal that in the 1920s was called ‘it.’ Current and potential love partners may take a second look and be intrigued. Don't be surprised if you attract admiring glances from strangers! This could make a big difference in your love life. Lovers you encounter today should continue to see something in you for a long time. Make the most of ‘it’!”

And: “Stimulating conversation could take place with partners of all sorts, from business partners to exercise buddies to lovers. Some new and useful information could come your way, which you'll want to explore further. This is a great day to execute legal papers, or to enter into any kind of agreement or commitment. It is also a good time to sign up for a class or workshop. Make good use of the energies of the day.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Four of Wands.  Spring has arrived! This is a card of initial successes, and Spring is the perfect metaphor.  The daffodils are in bloom and at least for today, the sun is shining and the air is warm.  We could get snow tomorrow, but let’s enjoy the fact that the garden has been cleaned out of last year’s detritus and the seeds are planted.

I am just back from my Friday night walk through Cape May.  Three of the local pubs have live music, and there are people all over the place.  We are very close to the beginning of the season!

The first quarter moon is high in the sky, and Venus is so bright, looks close enough to touch.  There was a slight breeze, just enough to make my walk comfortable.  I could hear the waves, and smell hints of that lovely brine fragrance.  Love me some nighttime beach walking!

I went onto Wikipedia and read a bit about Fermentation.  I did not realize there were so many versions of this process:

Ethanol fermentation, the production of ethanol for use in food, alcoholic beverage, fuel and industry.

Industrial fermentation, the breakdown and re-assembly of biochemicals for industry, often in aerobic growth conditions.

Fermentative hydrogen production, the fermentative conversion of organic substrate to biohydrogen manifested by a diverse group of bacteria .

Lactic acid fermentation, the biological process by which sugars such as glucose, fructose, and sucrose, are converted into cellular energy and the metabolic byproduct lactate.

Tea processing, the term used in the tea industry for the aerobic treatment of tea leaves to break down certain unwanted chemicals and modify others to develop the flavor of the tea.

Fermentation (food), is the process of sugar to carbon dioxide and alcohol by yeast.

Fermentation can be a noun: A state of agitation or excitement; a ferment [From Latin fermentare (“to leaven, ferment”), from fermentum (“substance causing fermentation”), from fervere (“to boil, seethe”), Confer French ferment, see also fervent].

Fermentation can be a verb: To react, using fermentation; especially to produce alcohol by aging or by allowing yeast to act on sugars; to brew; to stir up, agitate, cause unrest.

I think it is interesting that Fermentation is a reaction, rather than a catalyst.  It appears that if the right ingredients are present, Fermentation will occur.  Perhaps this alchemic process of Fermentation can only happen when the other steps have been achieved with as close to perfection as possible.  The thing that really seems to be popping out to me, as I begin to think about the process of Fermentation, is that it is only once I reach this stage that I realize that if I did not pay attention to the steps before now, if I did not perform each step thoroughly and to the best of my ability, then Fermentation will not happen.  If the ingredients aren’t perfect, the reaction will not occur. 

I am optimistic.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment