Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Queen of Swords reversed/Queen of Wands reversed.  Two reversed Queens.  The rank of Queen corresponds with the element of Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), and with an inner manifestation of the corresponding suit.  The Queen of Swords (cusp of Virgo, “I serve,” practical, sensible, work and service oriented, and Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, grace) in an upright position tells of being up front and open with everyone, of being alert and quick on the uptake.  Because my Queen of Swords is reversed today, I may have trouble figuring out what is real and what is an illusion.  The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) is energetic and enthusiastic, gives 100% of herself, and always has a smile on her face.  This Queen is also reversed, and thus being stubborn or speaking without thinking could add to my sense of being at sea.  Sounds like I won’t be very focused or productive today, but that is not necessarily a bad thing.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups.  Another Queen!  The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  This Queen is very good at being a mirror, helping others to know their emotions and feelings.  Perhaps that is my purpose today.  No new ideas, no ability to focus on my own intellectual needs, but lots of effectiveness as far as tapping into my own instincts, and those of the people around me.

My Legacy card is the Page of Wands, flavored by the Ace of Wands reversed.  The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells me to use assertion and action to attract adventure and excitement.  This Page can be seen as a less mature version of the Queen of Wands, and perhaps that is the message of my reversed Queen above.  The Page of Wands brings to me the message of the Ace of Wands, and tells me to use its effects and creativity and optimism because I can.  However, my Page is being flavored today by a reversed Ace of Wands (Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, sensible, orderly).  This Ace in an upright position tells of the first spark of a new and exciting creative process.  However, I may not connect to this potential for creativity, although if I am able to hear the message of the Page, I might be able to overcome any blockages.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the number that tells of the pause that comes at the end of growth, which brings a choice and the beginning of degeneration.

My horoscopes: “You must weigh your physical limitations with your desire to get everything done, Sagittarius. You run the risk of wearing yourself out and getting sick just as you finish your tasks. Enlist the help of others, if you can, for all those chores and errands that absolutely need to be done. You should definitely leave anything that can wait. Your health needs to come first!”

And: “Home might be a lonely place tonight. The other members of your household are apt to be out on the town, if not actually out of town. You might not be feeling up to any carousing, so you'll probably choose to stay home and read, or watch TV. However, your natural gregariousness could cause you to feel abandoned. Call a friend up on the phone and talk for a while. That'll make you feel more like your normal self.”

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Ace of Swords.  The sword pictured on this Ace has two edges; this means my Ace can bring clarity, intelligence and fairness, or it can bring arrogance, anger and the belief that we have the right to use raw power for our own needs without a care for others.  I am being told today that thoughts and beliefs have power, and I should wield them with care. 

Interesting that after researching both “junk DNA” and “spiritual DNA” over the weekend, I have seen another reference to the parts of DNA that could have a non-physical purpose.  I was reading a mystery thriller fiction book on my Kindle last night, and what do you know?  There was the concept of junk DNA, and it was presented as having a purpose.  In this book, junk DNA was presented as the source of our ability to translate.  This ability would certainly be connected to our skill for languages, and this skill was also mentioned in the other information I read about spiritual/junk DNA.  To me, this skill would represent language-to-language translations, but it would also represent symbol-to-language and language-to-symbol translation.  Could the abilities of our Younger Self, the part of our psyche that can communicate in both words and symbols, be found in spiritual DNA??  Whoahhhhh!!!  That would mean our ability to work magick originates within spiritual DNA.  Could that also be the source of our need to connect to Deity? 

This is from one of my fellow Third Degree students; this list was created by author Anna Franklins.  Isn’t it perfect?!

"The Eightfold Ways are eight distinctive paths of magic:

1] Concentration: The Path of the Hunter
2] Trance states: The Path of the Shaman
3] Herbal knowledge: The Path of The Wise Woman
4] Ritual: The Path of the Priest/Priestess
5] Dance: The Path of the Sacred Dancer
6] Sound: The Path of the Bard
7] Body control: The Path of the Warrior
8] Total involvement in worship: The Path of the Witch"

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment