Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Sun/Ten of Pentacles reversed. The Sun corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), our Sun (the inner core of a person or situation), Resh (the face; reason), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest in the physical world) and Hod (provides analysis and communication), and upright, it tells of a time of enlightenment.  Past efforts could really come together, and I will feel comfortable both with myself and with others around me. The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  My Ten of Pentacles is reversed, so I should strive to pay more attention to my physical world possessions, and that includes good health.  Perhaps my Sun will light the way.

My Thoth card is the Queen of Cups. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  She tells me that no matter what, I should listen to what my instincts have to say, and I should know and understand that I can have a positive effect on situations just by being in the room.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Swords, flavored by the King of Swords. The Knight of Swords (the cusp of Taurus, “I have,” sensual, stubborn, cautious, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, intelligent) is brave, insightful, courageous, and logical.  Unfortunately, he is also rude, domineering, critical and sarcastic.  He is super enthusiastic, and might appear that he is everywhere at once.   My Knight of Swords is being flavored by his King (cusp of Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, cautious, cunning, authoritative, and Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, aloof), which is an optimistic pairing.  After all, the King of Swords is a good judge of people and situations, and is good at articulating those judgments.  He is able to move from one matter to the next with a bit more control than his Knight, and that is a better direction to be moving towards.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential of the Ace and the duality, polarity and concept of “distance between” out of the number 2.

My horoscopes: “Opportunities to increase your income by working out of your home could well present themselves today. There might be more than one, and you could be tempted to take them all on. Think about this carefully before you commit, Sagittarius. You're feeling energetic today, but that could flag on future days. Consider the situation honestly and objectively before making any firm decisions. You don't want to regret it later.

And: “Your physical energy is strong lately, and you will find that your desire for passion and love is equally intense. Combine these two forces together to conjure up a passionate night of bold love and romance. No one will be able to resist your power. The key now is to make sure that you aren't giving yourself away to someone who is unworthy of your love. Match yourself up with a person who appreciates you for the amazing person that you are.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Five of Pentacles.  I am going to quote directly from the Shadowscapes Companion, because the description of this card is right on.  “She is oblivious to her surroundings, willfully blind to her external world and ignorantly blind to her inner one as well.  Her spirit cries with needs that she does not heed.  Or perhaps it is that she simply does not understand what she really yearns for, so separated is she from her body and spirit’s signal.”  This card warns of a severe disconnect, and it reminds us that often there are riches to be found, just not physical world riches. 

I went to the Ancient Altar this afternoon.  So many upheavals have been happening, to me and to those around me, and often a visit to the Ancient Altar brings me some clarity, or at the very least, a bit of time filled with peace and the beauty of Deity. 

When I reached the top of the stairway at the summit of the mountain, the sky was clear and cool and blue.  There was a light breeze, chilly but not so strong that I would be cold.  I took off my clothes and folded them neatly, and then gathered the pine boughs, pine cones and box of wooden matches.  I placed my kindling in the fire pit in front of the altar, and then put a match to it.  The fire caught instantly, and crackled merrily.  I added more fuel until the flames were strong, and breathed in the fragrance of pine.

And so, I began.  I cast my Circle, walking three times around.  I called each Watcher and each Elemental Guide, and waited until They appeared.  And then I lit the Goddess candle from the flames in the fire pit and waited until I felt the presence of the Sacred Feminine.  I lit the God candle from the flame of the Goddess candle, and waited until I felt the presence of the Sacred Masculine.  Then I closed my eyes and opened my arms, baring my body and my soul to Deity.

When I opened my eyes, I became aware of white filmy shapes circling around me; faster and faster they moved within my Circle, looking like something out of a Ghost Busters movie.  For a moment, I felt dizzy from trying to watch them, but then they slowed down and landed, until I was surrounded.

Once the white filmy shapes were standing still, I realized who they were.  All of my Guides were there: Ailm, The General and Hawk; four Peruvian Shamans were there, and I realized that I had indeed been assisted during my recent Healing Journey experience.  My Reiki Guide was there, as well as the Brownie that comes to my rituals and stands outside my Circle.  The ancestor I met during my Pathworking from the Progressive Magick Class was there, as was my mother.  Others who I did not recognize were mixed in as well.  They all stood there silently, fading in and out.

Then I heard my Patroness speak to me.  “They are here for a reason, my Daughter.  They are here to remind you of your Purpose, and they are here to give you a glimpse of what you are aiming for.” 

And suddenly, I became aware that my life force was separating from my body.  My body stayed still and upright, but my energy self stepped forward, at first keeping the shape of my body and then coalescing into a brilliant white light.  I was amazed that I was experiencing life without a physical body!  For long moments my life force floated and glowed in front of my body, and I was able to consciously focus on this experience and memorize it.  I can still bring forth an echo of a memory of that experience.

As my life force floated and my awareness stayed in that light, I became aware of the connection that I had to each of my Guides, each of my Ancestors, and each Watcher.  I am a product of their life experiences, and I could not be alive, could not exist as I am, without them.  I know that I will pay forward their gifts; indeed that is what I am learning about within my Coven studies. 

I felt as if there was another step to be taken, as I stood there surrounded by Guides and Ancestors and Watchers and Deity, but while I was on the brink of that next step, I did not know what it was.  They all waited quietly, with a patience I envied, but I sensed that the time had not yet come for me to take that next step, whatever it is.  This time, it was important that I be able to see Them, to know that They were there.  It was as if I was being allowed to become familiar with this process and Their presence in preparation for some greater event to come.

They gradually faded, and I released my quarters, said farewell to Deity and closed my Circle.  I came close to Something today, Something I did not expect to have presented to me.  I certainly received the validation and clarity I was looking for as I began this meditation, but not at all in the manner I expected.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment