Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two of Pentacles reversed/Three of Wands. The Two of Pentacles (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) reminds me that everything always ebbs and flows.  Dynamic balance is always moving, always changing, and it remains balanced because of movement and change.  However, I may feel unable to deal with change today, since my Two of Pentacles is reversed.  Rather, I may find that stability and predictability make me more comfortable. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) tells of being successfully established after some effort expended.  In a way, this card kind of validates the message of the reversed Two of Pentacles.  Perhaps my Two is reversed because that “effort expended” is over, and the time has come to sit back and enjoy what I’ve accomplished so far.  If I like what I see, and if I believe I am in a position of strength, I will be able to accomplish even more!

My Thoth card is Aeon (Judgement) reversed.  Judgement corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive and energetic change), Pluto (power, metamorphosis, cycles of dying and becoming), Shin (fang), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Hod (provides analysis and communication) and it usually tells of an opportunity to validate the good stuff and get rid of the stuff I don’t need any more.  I think the key to the upright Aeon is the process of identifying the good stuff so it can be kept, and the bad stuff so it can be released.  This is similar to deciding to examine your backpack before a difficult clime to make certain you are only carrying what is absolutely needed.  This card can easily be associated with the process of Separation within the alchemic Great Work. Crowley sees it as a motivation; decisions can be made by examining the past, and enthusiasm can be increased by visualizing the possible future.  All that is left is to take the first step.  My Aeon is reversed today, and it is telling me that the time has come to leave the process of Separation behind because whether I realize it or not, that all-important first step has been taken.

My Legacy card is the Knight of Cups, flavored by the Nine of Swords reversed.  The Knight of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth) is about feeling things strongly and about dreaming, but this Knight is not one to dash boldly into the fray.  Instead, this Knight reminds me of the powers of dreams and of imagination.  He also can act as a warning to me; Knights manifest their suits without balance, and being too emotional or not taking emotions into account at all can both be damaging. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) in an upright position represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Since the Nine of Swords usually shows what could be rather than what will be, and since my Nine of Swords is reversed and is flavoring my Knight of Cups, perhaps I have dodged a bullet.  Since worry seems to be fading, today might be a good day to dream about the future.  Sounds similar to the message of my first two cards.

My 6-digit date number is 4, the number of depth and stability; this can either be positive or negative (because depth and stability breed lethargy).

My horoscopes: “Work could be a real drag today, Sagittarius. You might be expected to put in more hours than normal. Your heart isn't in it right now. You have interests of your own that you'd rather pursue, plus you could be planning to get together with friends or your partner later. It's best to finish everything quickly, perhaps postponing nonessential tasks, and then go and enjoy yourself.

And: “Do not downplay yourself or your abilities at this time. You are on the brink of greatness, so act like it. Things should be going quite well if you let them. Don't clog up the works by thinking that you are unworthy of the good luck that is sure to fall your way. If things don't work out exactly the way you wanted them to, take this as a sign that the situation was not right for you anyway.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Pentacles, the Messenger that brings Earthly possibilities for my consideration.  This Page carefully guards the spark of creativity in the physical world, and today this spark is offered to me.  I have control over what happens to that spark, and I can have an effect on how it manifests.  Don’t waste this!

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!

While visiting my friends in Delray Beach, Florida, we stopped in a small metaphysical shop.  It was almost closing time, so we literally had five minutes to peruse the entire shop.  But despite that limited shopping time, a beautiful piece of pink tourmaline ended up coming home with me. 

Now, I have lots of rose quartz, and I have a pair faceted pink stones set as stud earrings that could be either tourmaline or quartz.  I have never felt the need to keep any of those stones nearby, or to assign a purpose to them so that I may take advantage of their energy patterns.  But this piece of pink tourmaline seems to have appeared at the time that I need it. 

My piece of tourmaline is known as “elbaite crystal,” named after the island of Elba in Italy, the first place where colored and colorless tourmaline was extensively chemically analyzed.  All tourmaline is known to contain chemically bound water, and the pinks and reds contain lithium.  It is considered a trigonal crystal, and occurs as long three-sided crystals that actually do look triangular in cross-section. 

Generally, tourmaline brings increased inspiration, understanding and confidence.  It balances the male/female energies, and the mind.  Rubellite or dark pink tourmaline corresponds to the root and heart chakras, and to Scorpio and Sagittarius, and brings increased creativity, love and devotion.  Rubellite tourmaline can assist in uniting the heart and the body, to detox the blood and immune system, and stimulate fertility.  The lithium in all pink tourmaline brings emotional balance, and the ability to love and be devoted in a down-to-earth or grounded way.

The cool thing is that as soon as I picked up this tourmaline, I felt a grounded sort of love and compassion from it.  I am working hard to absorb all I need to learn on my Path of the Teacher, so that I can begin manifesting my lessons and initiating an effect on my Coven and my Wiccan Community.  The ability to show love and compassion in a grounded manner, so that I am protected as well as those with whom I interact, would certainly be desirable in a Teacher.  And so, this rubellite pink tourmaline will now be my Leadership Stone.

$> 

No comments:

Post a Comment