Monday, November 2, 2009

Ace of Pentacles reversed/Four of Cups. Today will not be a day filled with skillful initiation of projects in the physical world. Perhaps I have become complacent or dare I say it, lazy. I can’t allow myself to become numb to the many gifts that I have in my life. Just because the day is not one filled with energy and accomplishments does not mean that I can shut off my mind and make my way through my day on autopilot.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Disks reversed. Crowley calls this card “Failure,” and he sees its energies in a more negative way than most. Rather than the pause and assessment of many decks, this card in this deck tells of passivity and stagnation, Crowley’s banes apparently. The productivity of the suit of Disks has become lost in this pause, and sloth’s heaviness rules the day.

My Legacy card is Temperance. This card tells of the maintenance of balance and equilibrium through the moderation of opposing forces. It tells of the presence of alchemy and all of its potentials, and it tells of a harmony between spiritual and physical existence. This card also tells me that I am becoming stronger because I am exposing myself to extremes.

My horoscope: “Today, dear Sagittarius, you might attend a group event of some kind, and while there you could encounter an old friend who suddenly seems to have changed. As a result, you might find this person very attractive and, and you may direct a rush of physical passion their way. This might be disconcerting, but don't brush it off because you've always thought of this person as a friend. Statistics show that the most successful marriages are those that started out as friendships.”

We had a wonderful weekend that combined fun with work. LOL, we ate way too much good food, and except for Thursday night when we walked for five hours, we spent most of our time sitting around the kitchen table, talking into the wee hours of the morning.

Thursday night we went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. Lil and Keith's accommodations were in the Park itself, so we got around by bus, water taxi, ferry and monorail, which is cool. We took a bus to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party on Thursday, and walked around the Magic Kingdom until midnight (they kept the park open extra late). We went on rides, saw the awesome firework display, and had a great time.

Friday night was our fancy dinner, at a restaurant called Artists Point, which is in another of the Park accommodations, called Frontier Lodge. We took a ferry across Lake Buena Vista to get to the Frontier Lodge. LOL, we did not think we would be at the Sacred Mists ritual that afternoon, because both Lilyth and Brianna are employed by Sacred Mists, and they were working on Thursday and Friday, but at 2:57, Lady IM'd Lilyth and asked us to all come to the ritual. That is why we popped into the ritual at the last moment.

Saturday afternoon, we did our own ritual in honor of the Sabbat. Saturday night was a big surprise to us. Lil and Keith are good at keeping a secret, and we did not know that we were going to see the Cirque do Soleil show until we were standing outside of the venue. This is the second of their shows that I have seen in person, and oh boy are they awe-inspiring. The human body, in its most perfect form; every one of the performers is incredibly talented.

I think the transformation that happened for me this weekend was that in a sense I became a Student Council Member. I became a leader. I was interacting with those who I hold in high regard; Lilyth has been with Sacred Mists since before I became a member, and she has been an informal mentor for me the whole time. I feel that I officially "came out" to my fellow Student Council Members as a Mediator, a healer of sorts, and I voiced for the first time, using my actual voice, my vision of what my place at Sacred Mists will be, in both the short term and the long term. And my vision was accepted as right for me, by my peers. That is the icing on the cake.

I know that in doing this, in acknowledging my place, I am upping the level of what will be expected of me. But I am fine with this added expectation. I am embracing this added expectation. I am ready to **be** the person I am becoming, and I am proud of what I have accomplished.

Now, it is time to once again become a little fish in a big pond.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment