Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Fool/The Lovers reversed. Today may be a day filled with potential and possibilities, and I need to reach out and grab them with confidence if I want them to be a part of my life. My focus should not be on bringing these possibilities into my personal life, but rather on bringing them to any community that is important to me.

My Thoth card is the Knight of Cups reversed. My surface “self” is not important today; I need to turn myself inside out and allow my inner self to rule.

My Legacy card is The Star. Today I just might realize that although there has been chaos, it has been of the physical world. My inner self is unharmed, and is a stronger and better self because of the challenges that have presented themselves. I am “of the stars,” and today I can glimpse for a moment the Machinery of the Universe.

I have been reminded today of how valuable life is. We don’t know when our time is up, and for all I know, this could be my last journal entry. Like everyone else, I get caught up in the physical world, and in fulfilling my responsibilities to others. Those connections are important ones, because I get fulfillment from teaching and learning, from counseling others and being guided by the wisdom of others. However, I have found that taking a brief time out to think about the fragility of the physical body and the uncertainty of the future brings new sensitivity to me, and I am able to enjoy more the flavors of life after such a time out.

The person that I am now is in part composed of all the interactions I have ever had in this life; each of them, no matter how insubstantial or monumental, has nudged and directed my path, in part bringing me to this very place that I value so much. Today, I will attempt to treat each moment as if it is my last, for indeed once that moment has passed, it is gone and irretrievable. Whether the moment was happy or sad, joyous or hurting, angry or serene, it is unique, and thus valuable to me.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment