Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Justice reversed/The Empress reversed. Justice reversed is a fitting card for the first day of a new personal solar year; today I start anew, with no karma (at least recent karma) to deal with. I start with a clean slate today, and I need to remember that I will be creating new “causes” that will manifest into “effects” later on.

My Thoth card is the Prince of Cups reversed. In an upright position, Crowley sees this Prince as being outwardly serene with hidden, inner violence and passion deep within him. Because the card is reversed, those strong feelings may show themselves, but there will be compassion and caring as well, to balance out the emotional eruptions.

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed. In an upright position, this card tells of overkill, pain and a sense of loss, often self-imposed and unfounded. Today, I may find that this sense of loss is fading away, possibly because I chose to allow it to do so.

My horoscope: “Good news! It looks as if money is coming your way. Perhaps you're getting a good bonus, or perhaps you've received a good review and will be getting a substantial raise. Hearing about this will definitely boost your mood, dear Sagittarius, and because you're feeling good, you'll be especially nice to those around you, and they'll reciprocate in kind. Enjoy your day!”

I woke up irritable this morning, and it took me a few minutes but I figured out why. Today is the first day of the new moon phase of my personal solar year; LOL, in other words, it is my birthday. This year, I have been feeling a shift of focus. Over the past three or four days, I have been very much aware of where I have been and what I have done, what I have gained and what I have lost. This morning things have changed, and I think my irritability surfaced because I was subconsciously fighting that change. I don’t wanna get a year older! It really is only a day, however, and this is a good thing, this change in focus, because in turning my eyes forward I am willingly releasing the old stuff that is not serving me any more.

And circumstances seem to be doing their best to prevent me from focusing on my age. My horoscope is up-beat and energized, I had birthday wishes even before today, received a phone call birthday wish from a friend, had some great e-cards in my inbox this morning, and when I went to my Sacred Mists Journal to post my own birthday ruminations, I found several posts offering birthday wishes. I don’t know why, but I am always pleasantly surprised when I receive unsolicited good wishes, and when I visit my Journal and find that visitors to my Journal leave me well-wishes. Each of these birthday wishes gives me a warm feeling inside, and I am smiling as I remember them.

I have decided that for today, in the name of each friend and loved one who has touched my life, I will be smiling at everyone who crosses my path, whether they are known to me or strangers, and I will be taking a brief moment to think about what it is about this person that brings me something positive. I anticipate that it will be an interesting day.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment