Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Four of Wands reversed/Knight of Swords. Progress has been made, but it is not yet time for me to pause and rest for relaxing now may very well negate the opportunity to celebrate in the future. This need to keep trying may bring out the beee-och in me, and I need to be aware that my instinctive reaction to the unexpected may appear hostile to others. Force may very well be necessary, but I need to make sure that it is the right thing to do.

My Thoth card is the Ten of Cups. “Satiety” and all of its dangers and pleasures will be infused into my day, in typical pessimistic Crowley fashion. Achieving pleasure and enjoying pleasurable effects can be a good thing as long as I don’t allow pleasure to become a drug of stagnation. Achieving one’s heart’s desire is not always what we expect it to be, so I need to be careful what I wish for today because I may very well get it.

My Legacy card is the Three of Pentacles. This card tells me that the balancing act of the Two, which required focus and effort, is a thing of the past. I have gathered enough actual skill to now make a project a labor of love, and I will receive rewards on many levels, some of them not understood or verifiable by others.

My horoscope: “You will find that disciplined actions are the best way to go about your day today, dear Sagittarius. Stay focused on your path. You will find that you can accomplish many tasks at the same time if you play your cards right. Try not to get bogged down with details. People might cause you to worry too much. Don't let their energy get in the way of your progress.”

I am still experiencing changes and manifestations from our Student Council Orlando trip. I thought that these changes were mostly internal ones, but I think I am beginning to see evidence that these changes are visible to others. My focus within Sacred Mists has broadened, and I really do feel more confident taking on behind the scenes and administrative duties. My other focuses and responsibilities seem to be settling into schedules, which is a good thing. I have actually begun to work on my Third Degree group assignment again!

I am very excited about the things that my fellow Divination Director and I are working on for the entire Divination Department. We are overhauling and reassessing and formalizing the goals of the entire Department and taking the divination extension classes that fall under the umbrella of the Divination Department to new levels that will offer increased encouragement for students to learn about and work with different methods of divination. Leadership opportunities, in the form of apprenticeships and internships, will be offered wherever possible; these personal empowerment opportunities are what the classes are all about!

My Mediation Program responsibilities are offering me a chance to learn firsthand of the power and effects of the written word, and of the malleability and far-reaching manifestations of the online self. As Sacred Mists becomes larger and our student body becomes more varied, we are experiencing more and more situations where the written word is being misinterpreted, and we are experiencing more and more situations where the impact of the online self is being used as a weapon, many times without premeditation or conscious intent.

How the heck do we get people to realize that the written word is sterile and thus, attracts the emotions of the reader even though these very emotions were far from within the intent of the writer? How do we get people to realize that they impose their own expectations upon the online self of another, and thus **change** that online self from what its creator intended it to be to what they expect it to be?

*sigh* Food for thought for the day. Honor to the Vets!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment