Friday, November 13, 2009

Ten of Pentacles/Three of Cups. Today will be a day of awareness of blessings, and I am being told that I need to be certain that I keep these blessings alive. Locking them away to keep them safe will cause them to dissipate; it would be better if I passed those gifts on, for giving them away to benefit a group or community will end up bringing them right back to me, even better than before.

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups reversed. This card is the Lord of Love, and the Lord of Water. It is reversed so today I may find that connecting with my own emotions and my Inner Voice may not be quite so easy.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Wands. This Queen never does anything halfway, and she knows very well how it feels to be truly alive. I will be feeling my authority today, and I will be optimistic and filled with the joy of life. Happy Friday!!!

Horoscope: “Today's prospects should suit the dynamic, idealistic being that you are, especially right now. There will be some criticism in the air, and you won't miss the opportunity to punctuate your comments with your well-known irony. Your viewpoints on corporate rigidity and conformist attitudes are well known, but today your sense of humor prevails, and people listen to you with pleasure!”

The Pagan Brain Trust met last night. We had a long discussion regarding the Goddess and the Moon, and talked in depth about the 40,000 year lunation cycle, and how we all believed that we are lucky enough to be alive at the beginning of a new lunation cycle. Experiencing the early Waxing Moon phase of the Goddess is causing each of us to not only reconnect with our right brain and its focus on cycles and connections, but to do so without losing the strong connection to the left brain and its linear focus that offers analysis and the ability to differentiate. We all agreed that some major step in the evolution of the human psyche seems to be just beyond the horizon and approaching.

We finished the night by performing our very first ritual together. One of our much-loved members is truly embarking on an alchemic and spiritual and physical Journey of transformation; there are issues for her with family members who are against this transformation. And so, we put together a protection ritual at the last moment, and performed it at the end of our evening. And all I can say is: sweet Danu, we gathered some energy last night! I am glad that we cast a circle because that circle held our energy close and we were able to charge and release that energy with amazing effectiveness. Three of us have had Reiki attunements, and the Reiki turned on and flowed with amazing power, without any conscious though or choice. Once we had completed the working and released the circle, we were all shaken by the power that had flowed through us and collected within our circle. I don’t know about everyone else, but I am looking forward to trying something like this again.

I received my package from Mystery yesterday, which contains some of the gifts that she received on both of our behalf after her huge and challenging magickal working from the beginning of November. In the package was the sacred masculine wand in its natural form (made of . . . brace yourself . . . ready? an elk penis) as well as the genital appendage associated with it, already tanned, a turkey feather, and a hawk talon. I am excited because it is my job to decorate the wand, and I can’t wait to begin researching this and choosing my decorations. Mystery is working on the turtle shell and the two medicine bags that are being made from the ears of the elk. All of this is based on Lakota tradition, and I will be interested to see how much of this is similar to Lenape tradition (I have a Lenape ancestor).

$

3 comments:

  1. Oh man...you have a f*#$^ng elk penis?

    You are one spooky chick....

    lol...I must not be enlightened enough ~ In fact I know I'm not enlightened enough...damn!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggle* Now why did I think of you when I posted this?

    Hugs and love to you and George!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *laughing*

    'cause you probably knew I'd come over here and be like "wtf! You have a elk penis now!?"

    =)

    ;;;;;;;;;

    ReplyDelete