Friday, November 20, 2009

The Chariot reversed/Eight of Wands. The Chariot is about the use of Will to create the greater good through one’s emotions, but since it is reversed, I am being told that attempting to apply Will to my emotions today might be a fruitless endeavor, for there will be strong releases of energy happening today, and my best reaction just might be to hang on and enjoy the ride.

My Thoth card is the Three of Cups reversed. The “Abundance” card, but reversed; this day will not be about dreams coming true, but the unexpected can be fun, too.

My Legacy card is The Tower reversed. Okay, since the card is reversed, I may not have to worry about my “safety zone” today. Not that I can be careless; after all it may be reversed, but the card is there today. The potential for sudden chaos isn’t huge, but it is there.

Horoscope: “It's an excellent forecast for you, dear Sagittarius! Although no specific events leading to this will occur today, there is huge promise of freedom for the next few months. In your chief occupation and in your love life, a fundamental shift is about to occur. As the months unfold, you can expect to be more visionary, more creative, and perhaps more rebellious. This time, you'll be much more effective than in the past two or three years.”

Well, that is a good horoscope; I hope it is correct.

Today I am thinking about my “employee self.” Except for about 2 ½ years when my son was born and two different 4 week periods when I collected unemployment after being laid off, I have been working since right after I graduated from high school. I have always been an employee, always worked for someone else. I have worked for large companies, medium sized companies, satellite offices and sole practitioners. But I have never worked for myself, at least not for a career.

I find that I like the smaller offices. I am not afraid to work hard, but I like the greater opportunity for flexibility that is found in a smaller office. If I am 2 minutes late, I don’t have to sweat; likewise, if I have to stay 10 minutes to finish something, no worries about that either. I can be flexible about vacation time because I understand and accept that there are times when I can’t take off. That has never been a problem for me.

What is a problem for me is the concept of a 9 to 5 job. I don’t want to work every day; mind you, if there is work to be done, working every day is not an issue for me, especially if my work is fulfilling. But if things are slow, I want to be able to adjust my hours. I can’t do that right now.

Am I a good employee? For the most part, I am. I am loyal, willing to work hard, and I get self-satisfaction from knowing that I have done my job to the best of my ability.

I just want to be my own employee.

*wink* Workin’ on that.

I left work early today because the “Wayne Contingency,” three of the four members of the Pagan Brain Trust, will be arriving in Cape May tomorrow. I am looking forward to their arrival; we are supposed to have a great day, weather wise, and we have plans!! Yoga and Reiki and all kinds of cool things! This will be the first time that we won’t have such a tight time schedule. The only regret is that Lorraine could not be with us this time, but we will do this again soon, I am certain!

It took me much longer than I planned to make the drive because every so often traffic was funneled into one lane as lines were being painted on the road. I watched the sun going down further in the sky, and just as I gave up on the possibility of making it to Cape May in time to see the sunset, I was here. I went right to the beach, parked my car and ran onto the sand. The orangy red orb of the sun was just above the slate blue of the ocean. And there, just above, was the crescent new moon, Diana’s Bow, the Moon Mother, facing Her Lord and watching as He sinks below the horizon. She will be right behind Him, setting just two hours after her Lord.

What a beautiful sight, all crammed into about five minutes! I felt a bit overwhelmed as I walked back to my car. LOL, but a glass of wine is fixing that right up!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment