Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Sun/King of Wands reversed. Today will bring for me a time of knowing that I have done the work and thus, I am reaping the rewards. I do understand very well that this time of enjoyment, of seeing the road ahead as well paved and devoid of traffic, will not last long. I can relax, fer sher, but as I relax I need to build enthusiasm for tackling the next task or challenge, for it will be upon me soon enough. For today, though, the intensity of transformation will ebb, maybe enough for me to hear the background noises of my own existence.

My Thoth Card is the Ten of Wands reversed. I am being reminded that the work is not yet done, but for now, the burdens are not overwhelming. There will not be “Oppression” today, and I will be able to govern myself without extremes, but I can’t forget that the potential for tyranny is present.

My Legacy card is the Page of Coins; hmm . . . same card as yesterday only yesterday’s Page of Coins was reversed. My focus may be Earthy today, and on the things I need to accomplish or finish up. The energies of the day are supportive of this, and I should put my shoulder to the grindstone and push with enthusiasm.

My horoscope: “Emotionally you should be feeling strong today, dear Sagittarius, although you may find that there is an idea running through your head that is asking you to slow down and take things once step at a time. The internal dialogue could drive you crazy if you are not careful. The most important thing for you to do at this time is to simply follow your heart. Do what you love to do, and associate yourself with the people you love and respect the most.”

Because I am coming to the end of the dark moon phase of my own solar year (which will end as I move into the new moon phase of a new personal solar year on my birthday), I have been doing some “internal housecleaning.” I have been giving a lot of thought to exactly who I am, so that I can determine through the experiences of the past year exactly what still remains valuable about “me,” and what no longer applies.

Basically, there are three major components or persona within my life (in no particular order of importance): family member, employee, and Priestess. I am setting myself a task: over the next four days, I am going to describe in detail each facet, with the intention of throwing out the old to make room for the new.

Being a family member can be complicated, especially if I want to be a good family member. Bob’s family is a delight, mainly because they talk to each other on a regular basis, so no one really falls through the cracks. At a minimum, we all get together once a month for a birthday brunch to celebrate the birthdays of that month, but during football season there are more opportunities to get together. In the Spring, Summer and Fall, family members come to Cape May, we have an incredibly awesome family vacation that everyone in the immediate family attends, and we have an annual Christmas/Yule dinner at our house that I call the “cook a cow night.” My in laws are intelligent and well spoken and have strong individual personalities and beliefs, and yet each of them, no matter where they fall on the liberal-conservative spectrum, is open to the validation of anyone else’s beliefs. How cool is that?

My family is more typical of the modern extended family. We don’t see each other on a regular basis, and if it were not for FaceBook, I would not know what is happening in their lives. However, when we do get together, we pick up right from where we left off at the last gathering. Everyone understands that life sometimes gets in the way, and everyone is comfortable with the occasional gathering. My son, Brian, is the exception to this. I have an awesome relationship with my son, and this did not completely happen on its own. I put the time in, back when Brian was in high school, and I have encouraged him to be a productive and honorable member of society under whatever terms work for him. I am proud to say that he has done this.

Bob and I have a core group of friends (LOL, the OPC, and we will just leave it at that), who we see on a regular basis for birthdays and weekends in Cape May. I have a few friends of my own, Sharon, my dance partner and Dominican Republic travel companion, and several fellow students (and former students *waves at Vulture*) at Sacred Mists, with whom I share friendships.

Things actually seem pretty good with my relationships with those I consider family.

Tomorrow, I will asses my “employee self.”

$

No comments:

Post a Comment