Friday, September 4, 2009

The Wheel reversed/Five of Wands reversed. The Wheel represents effects and cycles that we may have trouble understanding, but that are present and manifesting nevertheless. But today I may find that I will not be dealing with seemingly random events or events without meaning or discernable consequences. Instead of the conflict between inner self and outer self that often results from an unexpected (but necessary) cog in the Wheel, I just may end up with a day wherein conflicts end up solving each other.

My Thoth card is the Five of Cups. “Disappointment” is the least offensive of the Fives to me, for disappointment is an emotion that I bring on myself by seeing only the cloudy muck stirred up by the motion of the Five; instead, I should be telling myself that the settling silt will strain out the impurities in the water, leaving me with a much cleaner and clearer well of emotions.

The best way I have found to connect with a deck is to pull a card from it every day. So, starting today, I will be pulling one Legacy card along with the others. My Legacy card for today is the Three of Cups reversed. Receiving this card reversed on the eve of a three day weekend with much-loved friends give me pause; does it foretell a time of companionship and revelry between friends, far in the distance yet approaching? Or does it warn of the potential for emotional differences to divert and disperse the normally well-laced harmony of the group? Only time will tell.

My horoscope: “Let the rest of the world deal with problems. Your job now is to forget about anything that's serious and enjoy the next 24 hours with family, friends and neighbors simply because you can. Oh, and if there's someone you'd like to invite along to meet the usual suspects, give them the invitation early enough to let them help with the preparations. That way, they'll truly feel as if they're part of the event.”

And: “Your body, which usually runs at warp speed, is telling you to slow down, Nancy. Even you need to take a break from time to time. A huge bag of caramel-covered popcorn eaten while watching a romantic comedy will not send you into a downward spiral from which you'll never emerge. Quite the contrary. Such an indulgence is likely to leave you feeling refreshed, even giddy. Why not give it a try?”

Perhaps the emotional turmoil hinted at in my cards today may be from an internal source rather than an external one. I would much prefer this, because I do have control over my own emotions, and can lessen their effects. *crosses fingers*

Last night I performed a Reiki II attunement for Jen, one of our Pagan Brain Trust members. Needless to say, as always happens when we get together, the two of us sat and talked until after 10:30.

LOL! Now I know what these cards mean! The day is not even half over and I have not even finished journaling, and bingo! My ex-husband just telephoned me, explaining that for whatever reason, he is pursuing an annulment of our marriage (which marriage legally ended almost 30 years ago), and asked me if I would mind at the very least responding to a letter from the Archdiocese and informing them that I knew that this was happening and would not fight it. He actually asked me, nicely, to do this. I gave him my address, and will reserve judgment for when I receive the letter, but this yank of my awareness from a focus on the future to a difficult time of my past has timed itself very interestingly, considering the Shadow Work that Mystery and I are doing right now.

Happy Friday!

$

5 comments:

  1. Is he F*$%^*! serious?

    Is screwing a minor grounds for an annulment now? That doesn't sound very 'catholic' to me...lol....and what...does your son not exist?

    Nice try ~ Ass*$#!

    But...ugh....you're not me =) In fact...I'm sure you'll be all enlightened 'n stuff about this....but holy crappers....

    'nuff said.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I asked about Brian already. This would not affect him. How interesting that these things can be redirected to suit the needs of all!!! *wipes up the sarcasm dripped all over the floor*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this isn't really any of my business..and this is surely a most sensitive issue for you...

    But I would hope he could just 'be a man' and say "we got married...it didn't work..it was a mistake/whatever...we had a son...we weren't right for each other..we went out separate ways...we learned from it....goodbye..goodluck"

    I mean, you know?

    Seriously...30 years later ~ this must be such a slap in the face...I really feel for you ((HUGS))

    Honestly...me..I'd tell him to grow up and admit he made a mistake...your marriage happened...your son happened....grow up....you can't just erase everything....you made a mistake...your marriage didn't work ~ live with it.
    what a freak.

    You are SO better off without this loser...holy crappers...

    I'm sure you've had more than enough of my opinion by now....lol.....best to you. I hope I didn't offend you ~ that is certainly not my intention.

    **GOOooOodddd Energy vibes***

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.

    This might be a good time to drop the *ahem* full-moon coffee thing....lol...

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *snort* *giggle* How tempting!!

    I am reserving judgment until I see what questions are being asked by the Archdiocese. Actually, depending on the questions, I am curious as to why my ex trusts me to *not* tell the truth. What if I am asked why I left him? What if I am asked why Brian won't have anything to do with him?

    I am trying hard not to be gleefully anticipating my moment of justification. Well, at least not too much.

    Seriously, I want to be rid of him, of every part of him (besides his son, of course). While I certainly agree with you that it is pretty sad that he espouses a spiritual tradition that requires him to deny a part of his past in order to be an active participant in rituals of worship, that is his problem, not mine. After all, that tradition is no longer one that I follow.

    And you did not offend me. You never do. I value your honesty; it helps to keep me grounded in the physical realms.

    ReplyDelete