Monday, September 28, 2009

The Hermit/Five of Swords. Today I will be like the Scarecrow of the Wizard of Oz: a deep thought thinker. Unfortunately, I may not have the time without distractions that I need in order to think deep thoughts, and I need to be sure to *not* react with arrogance when the distractions crop up. Just because I feel the need to spend time looking within does not mean that I will get that time, and I may end up dealing with some difficult situations that cannot wait for another day.

My Thoth card is the Five of Swords. Uh oh. Another double. Crowley calls this card “Defeat” and he sees it as indicating that harmony has been upset by motion, and balance is not available right now.

My Legacy card is the Two of Swords. Oy. The only good thing is that Marchetti sees this card as a smaller version of the Four of Swords, and as indicating two opposing views that are, at least for now, equally presented. This card warns us that impartiality is the word of the day, and we need to keep our perspective in order to remain impartial.

Again this weekend I have been thinking about what I have worked on over the past months, what I have accomplished, and what is still before me, waiting to be addressed. One of my fellow Sacred Mists students wrote a poem that really addresses what I am feeling, and describes the failures and successes that are a part of life.

I tilled the fields of my spirit this year.
I planted the seeds
Some grew . . . some did not
I wept tears over the losses
But laughed happily for the rest.
Now the harvest is here and I reap the benefits
Soon it will be time to rest and Plan
Prepare the fields and begin again . . . .
Blessed Be!

by Washastarfire


This past weekend was the first of the season's Sunday night drives home from Cape May. Now it really feels like Fall! Mimi and Jim were down, and we had a great and relaxing weekend. We even spent some time inside the Southern Mansion!

In the past few years, Summer and its outer energies and focuses have stretched well into the Fall, but this year is different. This year, the harvesting has been just about completed and even though there are weeks until Samhain, my energy seems to be devoted more and more to my inner needs. I wish I could take a day each week and spend the day thinking about the hows and whys of the workings of the Universe and of the lessons that are being presented to me by Deity and my Guides. There are so many things that I want to focus on with more depth! Tarot is always up there on my list, and there are several related disciplines that I have already begun to explore, such as astrology, and the Hebrew alphabet and its correspondences to the Majors.

Mystery and I threw our next spread for our shadow work. This one is going to be a tough one for me, but in a way I am glad that I am feeling challenged by this work; after all, if this was too easy, we would not be accomplishing anything. I am feeling the need to list the cards that we have thrown so far, both from our Star of Discovery, and from the three Stars of Recovery that we have thrown so far, so that I can look for patterns.

I want to spend about a week straight going through my house and getting rid of “stuff.” How the heck did I accumulate so much? Unfortunately, I only have a night every so often to do this; at this rate, it will take years to make a visible dent.

LOL, I just don’t have time for a day job. Seriously though, I have been trying not to look at the big picture, and instead when I have a block of a few hours free, I assign them to one of those tasks. And more free time will be coming soon, as I will only be responsible for all of the First Degree homeworks for only a week or so more.

I have noticed that we are going through an interesting series of stumbling blocks on the Forums at Sacred Mists. Many students are learning the hard way of the power of the written word. There have been several “textbook” issues, and interestingly enough, they are not just happening at Sacred Mists, for I am seeing articles regarding these issues posted on the web on a regular basis.

It is sooooo important to remember that while the written word should be interpreted in a sterile and literal manner (for there is no body language or voice inflection to aid in interpretation), often emotions and intentions are layered onto those words by the reader. The unfortunate thing about this is that often, the writer does not have these emotions in mind as he or she writes his words, and the reader does not realize that he or she is imposing his or her own beliefs and feelings onto words that are actually not presented with this subtle message attached to them at all. The end result is that feelings are being hurt on both sides of all this.

I had written an essay a few years back regarding the Witches Pyramid. I have been drawn to add to that essay in response to these increasingly often occurrences, as follows:

When the four powers or pillars are gathered together, they form a stable base which allows the fifth sacred power (the top of the pyramid), To Go, the Latin, Ire, which corresponds with Spirit, to manifest.

To Go (Spirit): I am promising to master the four powers with the intention of using them in a positive way to benefit myself and to benefit others. I am promising to evolve, to progress through my life with and through these tools or powers.

I believe that within our online community, we have an additional level to the application of To Go, or Spirit. We communicate through the written word, without body language or voice inflection. Thus, not only do we need to promise to master the four powers with the intention of using them in a positive way, but we also need to have a care regarding how we interpret the written word presented by others. We often automatically infuse that written word with the assumption of meaning and with what emotions we feel are attached, and often those meanings are our own and not the meanings of the originator of the words. And so, I am also promising to master the ability of offering others the benefit of the doubt as I read the words of others, and assuming, until proven otherwise by actions, that the intent behind the words is the literal meaning of the words, and not some assumed hidden meaning, whether that meaning is positive or negative.

Today I will be pondering this, and reaching out to those who seem to be experiencing difficulties regarding the written word. I hope that my writings will not be misinterpreted, for they are presented in perfect love and perfect trust.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment