Friday, September 18, 2009

Justice/Eight of Wands. I am being reminded today that the deeds of the past are the foundation for both the present and the possible future. There are always consequences to our actions, whether our actions are conscious and deliberate, or instinctive and without conscious awareness. Things may move quickly today, and these energy releases may serve to clear the air, but I need to remember that while I have the ability to wield personal power to achieve my goals, I need to always remember that I am not the creator of that power, I am only borrowing it.

My Thoth card is *giggle* the Princess of Swords reversed. Sorry, don’t mean to laugh, but what am I missing? These cards just keep showing up. Again I am being told to not put myself in the position of mediating conflicts today, because I may not be as articulate and able to perceive the details as I would like to be.

My Legacy card is the Three of Coins. Marchetti describes the energies of this card as representing a labor of love. It tells of the presence of skills, but also of the enjoyment of the processes; it tells not of a mere job, but of a career that inspires passion. Yes!! That is exactly what I am looking for.

My horoscope: “Outside of the New Moon falling in a position where it can benefit you professionally, the presence of Saturn in the same position can allow for financial or monetary benefits as well. If you've been thinking about making changes but have been worried about costs or financial consequences, you may be getting evidence within a few days that you should go forward with your plans and not worry so much. This is a time during which the advice of others can be extremely favorable to you, if not about career or income, but about credit ratings and other matters of reputation about which you may be concerned.”

I am learning, in part through my responsibilities on the Student Council, just how addicted to the “online self” people can get. Where else can we appear exactly as we always wanted to appear, and without having any responsibility for our actions? LOL, of course, that second concept is not always true. In a community like Sacred Mists, freedom is encouraged, but everyone must understand that their freedom can only happen if they are aware at all times of their impact on others within the community.

The online self is a wonderful person/place where we can get over shyness or *ahem* self confidence issues. Then we can learn how to bring these new powers into the material world; however we need to always keep in mind that these are two different realms.

But the internet offers us a vast, malleable and almost limitless medium for our meditations, workings and rituals of worship. And at least for me, the more I work within the realms of the internet, the easier it is to find that “doorway” that I enter or “outlet” that I plug into when I use the internet as a vehicle. And interestingly enough, I have experienced the power of symbols, in connection with computers.

On both Wednesday and Thursday evenings I did readings using my Legacy of the Divine Tarot. Wednesday’s readings were through the Sacred Mists Psychic and Divinatory Alliance (SMPDA) within our monthly Open Reading Night in one of the Sacred Mists chatrooms. Thursday’s readings were live in person readings for two of my sisters-in-law. I found that I was able to instantly plug into that part of my brain that usually handles email readings by using this deck! The images on Legacy Tarot cards are digitally created sci-fi fantasy focused, in line with the myth that Marchetti presented that supports the images and theme of the deck. My “real time” readings with this deck were detailed, textured, and filled with (if I may say so myself) a variety of useful information that within each reading was perfectly understood by the Seeker.

I am not usually comfortable with live in person readings (although I enjoy live chatroom readings), and I guess this is in part due to stage fright. But as soon as I threw the cards to the first of the four spreads that I did last night, I felt that part of my brain that usually comes alive while I do email readings instantly tap into the images on the cards. How cool is that??!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment