Friday, August 21, 2009

The Wheel of Fortune reversed/Four of Swords. In an upright position, the Wheel tells of the cyclical effects of energies beyond our control, but since it is reversed, I am being told that I *can* control at least to some extent the outcome of today’s events, and I can completely control my own reaction to those portions that are brought to me in the hands of others. The good thing is that I am in the eye of the hurricane today, so I will be able to examine where things have been and where they are going in a relatively quiet period. When the battle resumes, I will be ready.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Swords reversed. Oy, Swords are back, with a vengeance. Crowley calls this card “Interference,” and that goes both ways, either indicating active interference, or indicating a shutting out of all interference. Crowley also describes this card as possibly affecting us because we allow it to; Jupiter is friendly and optimistic, and Gemini is adaptable and youthful, but sometimes we can’t be all “happy – joy” about life and about our choices. I need to be aware that today I might have a blind spot regarding the effects of interference.

My horoscopes seem to agree: “Finding the answer you seek could be much easier when you take a position that is more adamant about where you stand now and where you want to be later on, Nancy. If you continue to be uncertain and relaxed about which way to proceed, others are apt to take advantage of you and step all over you on their way. You have the strength and power of an active imagination to fuel your desires. It is time to put these into effect.”

And: “For the best results, keep to a steady pace today. If you have more free time in the afternoon than you have in the morning, don't put off all your errands until tonight. Instead, scatter them throughout your day. And if your morning schedule is wide open, you should avoid rushing ahead on things that need to be taken slowly. All the details need to be covered before you can go full steam ahead. Timing is important today, so don't let either impatience or procrastination guide you.”

Oy. Money issues again. I had a minor short circuit of anger and frustration last night, but after sleeping on the concept, I have woken this morning with new resolve. I will tighten my belt as necessary, and I will survive these bad economic times by becoming “lean and mean.” I will survive!

I have been sensing Archangel Uriel lurking (no offense meant, but that is what it seems like) on and off through my days. Many times during the day, I allow myself to lightly touch the background energies around me and my core worth anchor within me, and each time I do so, I get a flash of me as if I were looking down at me from above, and I sense that I am seeing myself through His eyes. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

$

No comments:

Post a Comment