Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Magician reversed/Eight of Pentacles reversed. Interestingly enough, The Magician is the partner to The High Priestess, and while they both focus on knowing and understanding and making use of the effects of the Universe, The Magician in an upright position tells of a concentration on using the outside world; reversed, this card is sending me right back to The High Priestess and her inner focus. I am being told that this inner focus should be about seeking knowledge, but not knowledge for knowledge’s sake; there is a purpose to this striving and an outcome to be gained.

My Thoth card for today is the Six of Disks, which Crowley names “Success.” This card corresponds to Taurus, my rising sign, and tells of reliability and serenity as well as possessiveness and inflexibility. The energies of this Disks card has the usual heaviness and potential for stagnation that Crowley sees in this suit, however they are to a large part counteracted by its number, Six, which is seen by Crowley as a number with Solar influences. Like all successes, the balance of this Disks card is temporary, and I will soon need to go back to work, but for the moment I can enjoy the accomplishments to date, and the resources that have allowed those accomplishments.

Horoscope: “Self-control has never been your strong suit -- but then again, you've never really wanted it to be. You much prefer taking every experience to the absolute nth degree, pushing every envelope just as far as it can possibly be pushed, and seeing just how much fun you can actually stand -- which is usually quite a bit, truth be told. That's going to go double now, so lay in a decent supply of antacids, aspirin and very strong coffee.”

And: “No matter what you do or who you are talking today, Sagittarius, the absolute worst thing that can happen is for you to discuss proprietary information, or breach someone else's trust. This might be the kind of thing that could cause problems for a supervisor or manager at work, and that would be disastrous. Even if it's innocent and you don't mean anything by it, it could affect your reputation in a negative way. There seem to be old issues at work that need to be broken up into manageable pieces. In the meantime, don't let yourself fall into worry right now.”

Also: “You have strong psychic vision, dear Sagittarius. Some people might say that you are prophetic, but in reality your gift is a combination of creativity and intuition. You can use this to benefit others. And, in fact, have often done so. You are known as someone who dispenses good advice. But today, be sure to do so with some restraint. People are listening closely to what you have to say. If you advise someone to jump off a bridge, they just might do it!”

I did another Fire Bird meditation last night. I found the entry to the meadow, and stepped into my little spot. This time it was late afternoon; I could not see the sun itself but the sky to the West was turning pink and the sky to the East was showing the beginning of the Belt of Venus. Before I could sit or lay down, the Fire Bird was circling above me; I held out my arm and she landed. With a smile, I gently petted her chest, and then after she lowered her head and raised her feathers, I scratched the back of her neck for a while. Then she straightened, and off we went on our zig-zagging walk. We ended up once again at the same place, or I should say I ended up there. This time, I walked down to the water’s edge and made myself comfortable. I grounded myself and then opened all my senses, listening and watching on both the physical and non-physical planes, and waiting patiently for something to happen. Nothing. All was quiet, the very tiny lapping waves were barely making a sound at all.

Finally, I sighed and stood up and turned to walk back to the grass. To my surprise, each of my footsteps in the sand were filled with grasses! The footsteps closest to where I stood contained the beginnings of the grass, but the footsteps back by the wall of golden grass contained plants that were already knee high. The grass was following me?

Or was it that my presence was acting as a catalyst. I read a short story once that told of a group of people who founded an outpost on the planet Mars. Their presence and the minute chemical changes that were caused by their presence started life. All over the area, new plants began to grow, plants that were at first very alien in their makeup. However, as they continued to impose their human and earthly chemicals onto the area, the plants began changing and becoming more useful to them. Was that what was happening here? Was it my presence that made that grass grow?

I will try again.

Mystery and I started our Shadow Work last night, even though I don’t have my Legacy Tarot yet. The initial spread hints at some pretty powerful stuff. I did some brief work with the first spread last night but I plan on looking at each of the cards with more depth tonight. Then maybe I will post their info here. LOL, looks like tomorrow’s post is going to be another long one.

Tonight the Divination Department is having a brief meeting to go over everyone’s responsibilities. We are growing so fast! I am proud of what the Divination Department has become; this is an intricate organization, and it works in large part because everyone who is associated with the Department in any way works hard and cares.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment