Friday, July 31, 2009

The High Priestess/Death reversed. Sounds like it will be a day filled with mysteries, mysteries that are not meant to be understood as far as the questions “how?” and “why?.” The High Priestess is about keeping the physical and the subconscious worlds separate but keeping them balanced as well; she is about keeping one foot in the conscious world and one in the subconscious world and being able to switch back and forth at will. She is the third phase of the alchemic Sacred Marriage, which I am trying to attain. She is telling me that the way to that Sacred Marriage lies through my Shadow, and that I would be better off not bringing too much luggage, or I will be slowed down and unable to just let things happen.

My Thoth card for today is the Five of Cups reversed. Crowley calls this card “Disappointment,” and in an upright position it tells of the disturbing of placid waters, which always churns up some goop from the bottom. I keep thinking of my mother telling me when I was a child acting silly that if you keep being silly you will end up crying. Thankfully, this card is reversed, which tells me that even though life is filled with disappointments, I have the ability today to turn lemons into lemonade.

I taught my personal energy workshop at Off the Beaten Path last night, and had another wonderful session. Elena has been recommending my workshops to her Wicca 101 students, and so far each of the attendees of my workshops have been wonderful!! I also have been able to help out some people within two separate venues with information about angels that I found while researching Archangel Uriel. *grin* I guess He is still lurking around somewhere. *looks both ways nervously after describing Uriel as “lurking”* As crazy-busy and chaotic as the energies of this week have been, I will officially walk away from this week tonight, when I leave for Cape May, with a sense of accomplishment.

How fitting it is that I spend today examining the fruits of my labors thus far this year, for today is Lammas eve, and tomorrow is the Sabbat of Lammas or Lughnassadh. This Sabbat is a High Sabbat (because it is at the peak of the energies of the season) and a cross-quarter that celebrates the First Harvest of corn and grain. Cornbread; yum!!! The word “Lughnassadh” is Celtic for “gathering in the name of Lugh,” and although the sun most likely will not be out much tomorrow, I will be focusing on the correspondences of the sun, and of Lugh, the “Jack of all Trades and Master of All” of the Celtic Pantheon as I *crosses fingers* work in the garden tomorrow.

I’m counting the minutes until I leave. 399 . . . 398 . . . 397 . . . .

$

No comments:

Post a Comment