Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Sun/Five of Cups reversed. Light and clarity after a foggy time of darkness! Sounds good to me. The ordeal of the fog is ended, war has turned to peace and discord to love. I need to remember that even though clouds may obscure my view, the sun is still rising in the morning. And today I might find that it is easier for me to turn my back on troublesome issues and look instead toward the positive.

My Thoth card for today is the Ten of Pentacles reversed. Alrightie, we are going backwards from the Princess of Pentacles yesterday, to the Ten of Pentacles reversed today. Taking both cards together, perhaps I am being told that while my focus on dealing with the issues within the earthly planes has peaked, I am not quite finished yet. The good thing about this is that the Ten card is considered an ending, and often attaining wealth causes stagnation; that will not be the case today.

Okay, so I ate like a pig this past weekend, but it was worth it; what an awesome weekend we had. Biking, beaching, drinking, eating and laughing, non-stop. Bagels, lox, cream cheese, onions and tomatoes, plus scrambled eggs, for brunch. Lobster salad and olives and crackers, baby back ribs, lobsters, king crab claws, white Jersey corn and freshly made cucumber salad. I had my first Grey Goose martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, and yum!! Now I know why my dear sister, Storm, loves them so much. Today I feel like I am getting back to normal. I’ve gotta be reeeeal careful because family vacation is coming soon, and that will certainly be a bad time for me, eating-wise. When I take into consideration the fact that I am being repeatedly told by my Patroness and Archangel Uriel that one of the things I need to do in order to “awaken” is to eat less, I can honestly say that I have my work cut out for me.

I read something in Alchemy for Dummies yesterday that really blew my mind! In the first chapter that deals with psychological alchemy, the concept of the Sacred Marriage was described. Now, what first made this jump out at me was the fact that my Lesson 2 work within the Historical Paganism Course deals with the concept of the evolution of the Sacred Marriage within Mesopotamian religions, so I can see why this term would seem to jump out at me. But then I read that within psychological alchemy, the Sacred Marriage can be broken down into three stages: the first stage involves creating an awareness that allows the separation of the physical self from the mental/emotional/spiritual self; the second stage involves a focus on the mental/emotional/spiritual self in order to be able to understand and work with that self; the third stage involves the reintegration of the mental/emotional/spiritual self with the physical self, in a way where awareness of both, in a separate but fluid and dynamically balanced fashion, can be maintained. Sound familiar???

I just love synchronicity!!! The Sun, indeed!!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment