Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nine of Wands/Eight of Wands reversed. Today will contain a need for inner strength, stamina and the will to go on, and I need to remember that whenever I need that kind of fortitude, the first place to look for it is within me, although I might need to look carefully for this kind of fortitude only shows itself when it is needed. The difficulties may present themselves to me, but these issues *do* have solutions. Unfortunately, those solutions may not be in the form of a sudden burst of energy that clears the air.

My Thoth card for today is the Eight of Cups. Two Eights today; I guess the energies of that number are as important as the card itself. The number Eight represents the reaction to the pause or stagnation or degradation of the Seven cards in an attempt to counter or end what the Seven brings.

I did my first Reiki I attunement last night. I went to Pat’s house to do it. We spent a little time watching an instructional gypsy belly dance video, and then I did the attunement. Pat is a naturopath and homoeopath, and does energy work regularly, so I thought she would be a perfect “first victim” for me, and I was not wrong.

I needed a “cheat sheet” but the entire process felt smooth and natural. I could feel Pat supporting and encouraging me throughout the process, and when I was tapping the symbols into her crown and her hands, the heat from both my hands and her hands was sudden and intense. I also strongly sensed the merging of our auras; what an intimate experience! I was not surprised to find that Pat has managed to unconsciously (or consciously) achieve what I have been trying to do for weeks now: she has infused her Mental/Emotional Body with love, a love that is present within her aura whether she is consciously sending it or not. As soon as I entered her aura and began the MCO, even before I placed my hands on her shoulders to initiate contact, I could feel that love surrounding me like a blanket on a cold day. I wonder if this is what makes Pat such a skilled healer. It is encouraging to me to experience first hand the power of this kind of caring and the immediacy of its effect when it touches someone; perhaps I needed to be on the receiving end of this kind of gift in order to have the pieces come together in my own mind that are necessary to make this happen within my own aura.

Even before the attunement was completed and I began the grounding and separation process, as I smoothed down Pat’s aura I could feel what seemed like static electricity along the outer edge of her Mental/Emotional Body. As I moved my hands along that outer edge, there was a crackling sound and sparks sprayed out from my hands and danced along the skin of that auric layer, like cloud to cloud branch lightning in a thunderstorm. There was no pain or burning or pressure of any kind, just a blue-white shower of sparks spreading from the place where each of my hands rested on and rubbed against the auric layer. When I mentioned it to Pat, she told me that she could feel my hands rubbing against her aura through the entire attunement process. As I demonstrated some of the hand positions for self-application of Reiki on my own body, Pat told me that she could feel the pressure of my hands on her own aura and her body.

What an amazing yet serene experience this attunement was! But as expected, I was awake for a while once I got home, high on the energy of Reiki.

$

No comments:

Post a Comment