Wednesday, October 19, 2016

September 10, 2016: On to Conjunction



What is next?  Conjunction, that’s what.  In fact, I’ve moved seamlessly from Distillation through Separation and into Conjunction, without consciously realizing it.  The cool thing is that while I may not be able to pinpoint the exact moment I moved from one stage to another, I am definitely feeling changes in the way I approach events that in the past would have dragged me down or made me angry.  Progress?  I hope so. 

Conjunction is the second part of the alchemic stage known as the Albedo or the White Phase.  In the Albedo, whatever survived the Negredo and its difficult and uncomfortable phases is now washed, cleansed or purified.  This is an important step (not that any steps of the Great Work are unimportant), because any impurities that make it into the final stage of the Great Work can derail the whole process, necessitating a return to the beginning.  The difficult thing about the Albedo is that these purified essences have not been cleansed of their tendency to reunite with the dross that was culled during the Negredo.  Backsliding, in other words, is a huge danger here so I can’t get complacent just yet.  Especially because if I have indeed slipped into Conjunction, the time has come to begin the process of rebuilding.  In terms of the four elements, Conjunction requires the reuniting of Fire, Water and Air in order to produce a purified Earth.  Hmmm . . . am I truly ready for this?

To make things even more complicated, just commingling the essences or energies together is not enough.  The joining needs to produce a new compound or alloy, a “Child of the Conjunction.”  Here is the beginning of the “new me,” at least in theory.  The problem is that if something new is not created during this stage, I can’t go forward.  If things don’t start happening here, I’ve missed some important impurity, and I need to start over again. 

Sounds like this is a kind of tipping point.  The Watchers and my Guides are all nodding. 

With all this distraction, I almost forgot to throw my Dreams of Gaia card for the day.  I shuffled and cut as usual, and threw . . . wait for it . . . the Four of Fire in an upright position!  Wow.  Looks like I did what needed to be done in order to turn that card upright, eh?  Look out, my aim is true today, and I will claim what is in my focus!  Things will get accomplished today, for sure.

Child of the Conjunction?  Okay, let’s get started.

 $>

No comments:

Post a Comment