Saturday, February 8, 2014

2/8/14

Ace of Pentacles/The Hanging Man. Aces present potential only, and the Ace of Pentacles (Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive, Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn, and Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, dual, social) tells of the presence of potential that is connected in some way to the physical world, and perhaps the physical world is where I can have the most impact today.  My Ace is telling me that the effects of the physical world are relevant to the day, and I need to keep that in mind. The Hanging Man corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and emotional, sensitive and imaginative energy that tends to move deep, and attempts to take the same path as in the past), Neptune (inspiration, spirituality, magick, enchantment, dreams, altered states), and the Hebrew letter Mem (water, stability and balance, the reflective quality of thought), and this card presents the kind of balance that comes to us through surrender, and through deliberately attempting to see things in a different way.  The Llewellyn Welsh Hanging Man also represents the discomfort associated with not being able to affect our surroundings; that is a difficult thing to deal with.  However, this discomfort allows detachment, and when dealing with volatile situations if we cannot be detached, we cannot be objective, and thus the end result will not be what it should be. 

My Thoth cards are the Seven of Disks (“Failure”) reversed and the Queen of Cups reversed. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. To Crowley, the pause indicated by the Seven of Disks is happening because of sloth and lethargy, and the image on the card is dark and heavy, even stagnant.  My card is reversed, however, and in keeping with Crowley’s interpretation I should be able to rise above the quagmire today.  The mud may be a bit clingy but I will shake it off. The Queen of Cups (cusp of Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, and Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody) represents the energies of Water and The High Priestess manifested into the Minor Arcana.  If upright she would be telling me that emotionally this needs to be a passive kind of day, but she is reversed, so I need to be actively in control of my emotions.

My Legacy card is Fath reversed, flavored by the Page of Wands. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This card is an archetype of Spirit (with The Emperor as archetype of the Sacred Masculine, The Empress as archetype of the Sacred Feminine, and all three representing the supernal triad) that reminds us of the value of tradition, ritual and ceremony.  Marchetti renamed this card “Faith” so that it could expand beyond its traditional meanings (in some decks, this card is called “Pope”).  Because my Faith card is reversed, I need to remember that sometimes, tradition, ritual and ceremony can bind us rather than inspire us.  My reversed Faith card is being flavored by the Page of Wands. The Page of Wands (Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, tenacious, nurturing, moody; Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic noble egotistical; and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) is fun to be around, unless you have a migraine. The Llewellyn Welsh Page of Wands brings an important message: a positive and exciting phase has arrived and it is time to enjoy this phase.  My Page is validating my interpretation of the reversed Faith card, because the Page is telling me to try new things, because they are cool and exciting!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance.

My horoscopes: “It's a good day for you to put some of those creative ideas to work, Sagittarius. Pull out your favorite craft supplies and have some fun exploring color and design. If you have children, consider including them in the activities. It may amaze you to listen to the incredible ideas and innovative thoughts your own kids have that you’ve never thought of. If you don't have an "idea box" where old bottles, nuts and bolts, odd buttons, ribbons, and scraps of material can collect for times like this, start one today!

And: “Let your childish side come out and play today. Your dreams are in full force so let them lead the way. Enjoy light-hearted conversations with friends about the latest movies and the articles in your favorite magazines. You might want to consider going shopping or getting a haircut as well. This is a good day to improve your general appearance overall. You have a much keener eye for beauty on a day like today.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment