Friday, February 14, 2014

2/13/14

Ten of Pentacles/Nine of Swords.  The Ten of Pentacles (Mercury, reason, intelligence, education, communication, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) represents physical world wealth and bounty, and the attempt to maintain the status quo.  This card is about having the time to enjoy the fruits of our labors, but it is also about being aware of the connections we have in the physical world.  The Llewellyn Welsh Ten of Swords reminds us that family connections (and this includes friends) provide stability, and warmth on a cold winter’s night.  The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) represents brooding and worrying, usually self-caused, and usually unproductive.  Often the worrying attached to this card is connected to insecurity or suspicion, or it is connected to things that are over and done with, and thus unchangable.  Worrying accomplishes nothing besides wasting energy; I’m better off remembering that I’ve good food, and a warm cozy home with a strong (albeit snow-covered) roof over my head.

My Thoth cards are The High Priestess and the Seven of Cups (“Debauch”).  The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries.  I am being told that I am very connected to my intuition today, and just might be able to comprehend even the most obscure message.  My snowy solitude today might offer me an opportunity to find the quiet place within me, and explore.  The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices.  The High Priestess has the perfect advice: close my eyes and enjoy instead the quiet and warm darkness.

My Legacy card is The World reversed, flavored by the Two of Coins.  The World/Universe, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world) is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  While I may not be done with whatever I need to experience (as indicated by the reversed World), the card is in the spread, and thus the energies are there.  My reversed World card is being flavored by the Two of Coins.  The Two of Coins (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning) in an upright position reminds us that everything always ebbs and flows, and we need to do the same in order to remain dynamically balanced.  I am also being reminded to keep my sense of humor this day; I can’t change the weather, but I can change how I react to it.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to 2, the number of balance, polarity, and the energy of “distance between.”

My horoscopes: “Today you might consider making an investment of time, energy, and perhaps a little money in a creative project of some kind, Sagittarius. This could also involve modern technology in some way. You could have several colleagues who want to work with you on this, and therefore the entire enterprise could be very exciting. Be sure not to lose sight of the practical details involved or you might never get it off the ground.”

And: “Your hard efforts to improve your life are finally showing results. And this is just the boost you've needed, as some people set your self-confidence a bit on edge. Just don't let others destroy your vision of happiness. Continue to walk toward your goal and don't hesitate when small obstacles appear left and right.”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment