Friday, February 21, 2014

2/21/14

The Tower/The High Priestess.  Well, that’s an interesting pair! The Tower (Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Mars (action, spontaneity, aggression, drive), Phe (mouth or speech), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Netzach (which offers the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration)) is one of the Major Arcana cards that talks of adjustments.  This one tells of a violent or explosive correction in the way things are going that usually happens after more gentle corrections don’t bring the needed result.  I do understand what this card is about. The Tower shows the destructive effects of that element, while the Water on The High Priestess card is serene and calm and still. The High Priestess (Water; the Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination; Gimel, the camel who safely crosses Da’ath, the Abyss, and thus, has the secret of life; and the Path between Tiphareth, the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify, and Kether, the source, limitless possibility), is one-half of the Major Arcana representation of the Sacred Feminine, with The Empress being the other half. The High Priestess is the source of the power of The Magician, the feminine version of The Hierophant, and the Keeper of the Mysteries. The interesting thing about both of these Llewellyn Welsh cards is that both images have Water in them.  Feelings and emotions have lots of power today.

My Thoth cards are The Fool reversed and the Six of Cups (“Pleasure”). The Fool corresponds with Air (hot/separates and wet/adapts, and challenges that tend to require the use of the intellect to solve), Uranus (technology, science, radical change), Aleph (the head, youthful learning) and the Path between Chokmah (male in the electric sense, dynamic energy and the origin of vital force and polarity) and Kether (the source; limitless possibility).  The Fool is the spark that begins the idea, and the neutral powers of creativity; he is above, beyond and before the world and all its extremes. The Six of Cups (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, compulsive, deep, obsessive) is a card of innocence, emotional balance and harmony, of simple joy that begets even more simple joy by infecting all that is around us at this moment.  In an upright position, this is a card filled with harmony and an awareness of blessings

My Legacy card is the Nine of Coins, flavored by the Seven of Coins reversed. The Nine of Coins (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of accomplishment through the imposition of discipline.  My Nine of Coins is being flavored by another Coins card, the reversed Seven of Coins. The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) in an upright position tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world.  The pause and assessment of this card reminds us that blossoms need to fade in order for seeds to appear.  Timing is important to the energies of this card, and since it is reversed, I need to not only check things out carefully (for there is a potential for me to make a bad investment of some kind) but also I need to be patient without being lethargic.

My 6-digit date number is 10, the completion of a cycle, which reduces further to 1, the number of potential and position.

My horoscopes: “Friction or other trouble on the job could cause you to want to quit, Sagittarius, but worries about money might keep you from doing it. You definitely need to reassess your situation. Perhaps a change of position is just what you need now. You may have untapped talents that could make you more marketable, and you might also want to train those talents. Think about this! And if you really think you want a change, go for it.

And: “A rosy glow over your recent career successes could cause you to congratulate yourself over your growing bank account. This trend should continue for a while, if you keep on working as you have and maintain a positive and optimistic attitude. Your relationships with others around you, particularly the opposite sex, should be especially warm and loving right now. This should prove to be a thoroughly gratifying day. Use it to your advantage.

So far, I have taught two classes at the Studio with which I am striving to be affiliated, as a sub.  One class was a Yoga basics class, and one was a Gentle class.  The Gentle class I will be teaching for the next few weeks as a sub.  I am still in the middle of my 11-week stint as a Yin Yoga teacher, and this may end up being the version of Yoga to which I am drawn the most.  My 200 hour training seems to have prepared me to teach this kind of Yoga, and I am enjoying the process of going deeper into human physiology in order to understand how Yin is able to be so effective. 

I treated myself to a professional grade Irish whistle, an O’Brien three-piece composit whistle, and it has ended up to be a temporary setback because it is set up for adult hands.  I am having trouble once again with middle D (that is the note that gave me the most trouble when I first started to play my Dixon whistle).  This temporary slowdown is worth the effort, because the whistle has a great sound.  Hopefully by next week I will be back to the same level of playing that I was at on the day before I received my O’Brien.   

I am champing at the bit, pining for my garden.  Daffodils are about 3 inches high right now, but more cold weather is on the way next week so I won’t do cleanup yet.  Soon, though!!!  Soon.  I am hoping to see the first buds on my Lenten rose when I walk my garden tomorrow.  Spring is on the way!!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment