Wednesday, February 19, 2014

2/19/14

Temperance reversed/Nine of Wands. Temperance corresponds with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and this card presents one version of the concept of balance: balance achieved through knowledge and experience of extremes. My Temperance card is reversed, and maybe my first impulse may be to fight rather than adapt.   The Nine of Wands (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells us that the final challenge approaches, and we need to ready ourselves so we can guard our assets.  This card also tells of wisdom that is only obtained by long-term focus, and it reminds me that assets sometimes need to be guarded (guarded from both the effects of the past and the possible effects of the future).  In a way, the Nine of Wands supports the Temperance card in a reversed position.

My Thoth cards are The Star reversed and the Seven of Disks (“Failure”). The Star (Air, hot/separates and wet/adapts; Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness; Qof, back of head; the Path between Malkuth, the physical world of action and outer, physical reality, and Netzach, the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration) in an upright position is the “good will to all” card, and while it can hint at some unexpected darkness, it also reminds us that things will turn out okay in the end. Since my card is reversed, this could turn out to be a hum-drum kind of day, or worse, a day containing a bit of darkness. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments. To Crowley, the pause indicated by the Seven of Disks is happening because of sloth and lethargy, and the image on the card is dark and heavy, even stagnant.  My card is reversed, though, and perhaps I am being told that the darkness of The Star can be useful to me, and it won’t drag me down. 

My Legacy card is the Queen of Coins reversed, flavored by The Emperor. The Queen of Coins (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) in an upright position is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her.  However, she is reversed, and thus is reminding me that an inner focus could be ineffective in my physical world.  This is very much validated by The Emperor, who is flavoring my reversed Queen of Coins today. The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence, authority, and the archetype of the Father.  The Emperor instills balance, form and structure onto the fertility and creations of The Empress, and the Queen of Coins could be seen as one Minor Arcana interpretation of The Empress.  My Emperor tells me that an outer focus will better serve those around me, which in the end will serve me as well. 

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of the conscious and deliberate response to the pause and approach of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6. 

My horoscopes: “Group activities involving meditation, psychic or spiritual topics, or artistic pursuits are probably very appealing to you right now, Sagittarius. This is the perfect day to start a class or attend a lecture on such subjects. You could meet some interesting people who become close friends. You’re likely to feel a psychic bond with anyone you meet today, and you're likely to get the feeling that your life has changed for the better. Enjoy!

And: “Are you going out shopping today? If so, expect at some point to be confronted with a wonderful luxury item you'd give your eyeteeth for - but can't really justify purchasing. Don't be impulsive, but don't hold back unnecessarily either. Will you really enjoy the item? Or is it something you'd look at for a while, then put away or ignore? Do what you want - but be sure you know what it is! Think about it!”

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment