Friday, October 26, 2012


The Emperor reversed/Ace of Cups.  The Emperor corresponds with Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Aries (“I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) and the Hebrew letter Heh (window, illumination), and represents confidence and authority.  The Emperor actively seeks balance by imposing order on his world.  Normally, a reversed Emperor tells of bending the rules, rather than enforcing them.  But today, my reversed Emperor has a personal message to me.  He is telling me that today, there will be lots of blockages in my day that will be connected to my ability to lead, my ability to bring order and predictability into my day, and my ability to fulfill my responsibilities.  The Emperor believes that life is much easier when the trains run on time, and today I particularly understand why he focuses so intently on manifesting this, as I am experiencing what happens when the trains **don’t** run on time.  The Ace of Cups (Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation, Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, deep, mysterious, obsessive, Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, adventurous, blundering) tells me that today is filled with the potential for experiencing deep emotions, a connection to my Inner Voice, compassion for myself or others, attunements and connections.  The thing I need to remember is that while these deep emotions may not come at me in an apparently pleasant fashion, by imposing compassion and empathy onto even the most uncomfortable situation, I could make it a bit better for everyone.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Swords reversed.  “Futility” is unlikely today because my card is reversed.  Whew!  The Seven of Swords (Moon, feelings and emotions, illusion, imagination, in Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, cause-oriented, the group, aloofness) tells of the active effort to maintain things as we want them, often through the use of deception and without considering the wants or needs of others.  My Seven of Swords is reversed today, so today I need to step away from my own expectations, no matter how important they are to me.  The application of my own Will is not always enough to make things turn out the way I need them to turn out, but I can still meet my responsibilities with a smile on my face.  That is a good thing.

My Legacy card is the Seven of Coins, flavored by the Knight of Wands.  Another Seven card!  The Seven of Coins (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) tells of pauses and choices and assessments within the physical world. This pause enables me to be certain that I am on the right track, and it enables me to be sure that each word and each deed is the right one. The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) usually represents a person of passion, courage, enthusiasm and boundless energy.  His response to any challenge is fast and powerful, to the point of being abrupt or violent.   He likes to make strong progress towards attaining a goal, and he is encouraging me to be clever and bold as I make my way through my day.  He is flavoring my Seven of Coins, and boy, there is a personality clash!  Perhaps I can use these two opposing tendencies to bring a bit of balance into my day; I need to pause and consider, but then make a decision and act upon it.

My 6-digit date number is 3, the number that tells of a new creation out of the potential and position of the Ace, and the balance, polarity, and understanding of “distance between” of the number 2.

My horoscopes: “Unexpected money developments could brighten your day today, Sagittarius. Perhaps you will get a raise or an increase in some other form of income. Technology could be involved in some way, or a long-term goal you've been striving for finally brings in some benefits. There might be uncertainty about when it's coming or exactly how much it will be, but the outcome will be gratifying all the same!

And: “Information received through modern communication systems such as faxes, e-mail, or the Internet might make it possible for you to change your job, your residence, or at least the way you think or operate. You might be feeling a bit nervous and jumpy at the prospect, but you'll pull it off all right. Don't be afraid to go with the flow and make changes today. This is only one hurdle in the course of your personal development.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding The Hermit.  The Shadowscapes Hermit has climbed to a high and difficult to reach peak.  The journey is a perilous one, but it brings The Hermit up above the smog and away from the noises and distractions of the community.  This peak brings a serenity and clearness of perception that we need right now, and that we did not realize was not available to us until this moment, when we have once again found serenity and clearness of perception.

It is interesting to me how life’s challenges tend to manifest.  Because today has been the peak (at least I hope it is the peak) of a transformation that feels a bit outside of my control, I have thrown my cards of the day with a specific question in mind.  And as always, the cards have given me encouragement, and they have hinted at what I am to focus on. 

Today, I am doing my best to remember that things happen for a reason.  And I am choosing to see the uncomfortable events as opportunities to test myself.  Will I pass or fail?  We shall see. 

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment