Sunday, October 21, 2012


Transparent Oracle Sunday!

11, Gateway: Summer (South).  South is the direction of the midday sun and the peak of power and illumination; this direction is associated with passionate drive and creativity.  This Gateway is about warmth and bounty, abundance and blessing, passion and wealth.  Summer is a time of physical world manifestation and abundance, and it is also a time to bring magickal awarenesses into the open.  After all, with an abundance of manifestation into the physical world, this would be an easy time to sense non-physical world abundances as they often happen around physical manifestations.

5, Landscape: Mountains (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Mountains tells us that our goals are in sight, but there will still need to be strength, skill and perseverance before accessing that goal.  Mountains also allow us to rise up above the chaos, confusion and noise of our mundane world in order to experience peace and solitude.  This card tells me that I’ve got a good strong foundation in place, and now it is time to look forward and up.

61, Gateway: The Self (Within). Within is the direction of the Self, and thus the cards associated with this direction deal with the ways our Self connects to the world and perceives the world, and the Self.  This direction is mostly abstract, and yet is our bridge to the Universe around us.  This card is considered a “blank canvas,” in that it has faces and hands like the other Within cards, but there are no traits or textures or shapes or colors infused into the faces and hands.  That is because each of us is unique; this is a great significator card, and I am choosing to accept The Self as offering a message: “These cards offer a unique message to you, but that message must be perceived through your own unique senses and interpreted through your own unique intellect.”  This card tells us that the first and main purpose of life and living is to get to know our individual Self.

I then created my mandala.  This one just has a lovely feel about it!  We’ve got two basic shapes, square and triangle, but they mesh because the base of the triangle lines up with the base of the square.  Both Summer and Mountains offer the concept of the fullness of manifestation.  After all, Summer is the peak time of warmth and illumination of our Sun.  And Mountains appear eternal, even though they are always changing, either being forced upward by the workings of the Earth and Fire, or being worn away by the workings of Air and Water.  I am being told that now is an opportune time for me to look at myself, to examine how I respond to the events and connections that happen within each day.  I have accumulated a wonderfully stable foundation, and I need to lean on it and then reach upward and outward, and more importantly, I need to turn my gaze within and attempt to understand my Purpose. 

I know, I know . . . I haven’t posted in a few days.  I was sick, not feeling well at all, and then busy with work.  Then on Friday night, the men folk from Murrell’s Inlet arrived after driving up from South Carolina.  They are all here to attend the Giants football game. 

Friday night was foggy and lovely; Saturday was a glorious Fall day.  I biked to Sunset Beach, saw a bald eagle at Fader River, stopped for fresh bread, and then walked the mall with the guys.  We went out to dinner Saturday night, and got up early this morning to head up to the Giants game.  It was a glorious Fall day, perfect football weather, and we had a blast. 

I am pretty done in, and will be heading to bed soon.  Back to reality tomorrow!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment