Monday, October 22, 2012


Two of Cups reversed/The Hierophant. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of about love and connections, usually having to do with feelings, relationships and commonalities.  My Two of Cups is reversed, and it is telling me that today might be more of a solitary day rather than one focused on connections with others. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity); he possesses and understands the knowledge that unites the macrocosm and the microcosm.  The Hierophant’s Purpose (and I deliberately capitalized that “P”) is to teach this knowledge to others and thus, preserve it.  The Hierophant also understands the power of ritual, and of the application of knowledge and wisdom with awareness.  He uses this understanding in order to be a bridge between the spiritual and the physical; the cool thing is that he also shares with us all what he has learned while acting as that bridge.

My Thoth card is the Nine of Disks.  “Gain” is the upright keyword for this card. The Nine of Disks (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) in an upright position tells of accomplishment or gain through the imposition of discipline.  This may be a card of material well-being, but that material well-being is mostly coming to us because of perseverance and hard work.  It is only after that perseverance and hard work that we can harvest, and fell satisfaction at the results.

My Legacy card is the Ace of Swords reversed, flavored by The Devil reversed. The Ace of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution authority, cunning, Aquarius and Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, soul growth, artistic) in an upright position tells of the potential within the day to effectively use mental or intellectual abilities.  My Ace is reversed, however, and I may not be able to cut through the confusion today.  Better to wait a bit before making any important decision, because things may not be clear.  The Devil (Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and stable, material, practical energies that are slow to change), Capricorn (“I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning), Ayin (the eye, senses), and the Path between Hod (which provides analysis and communication) and Tipareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) tells of being caught up in the physical world and the effects of the physical senses to the point of being bound to those things.  This can be a distressing situation, but despite my inability to see clearly and make use of my knowledge and experience, I just might end up stumbling into balance, at least balance in the physical world.  That’s a load off my shoulders, eh?

My 6-digit date number is 8, the number that tells of a conscious and focused response to the pause and beginning of degeneration of the number 7, in order to maintain for a bit longer the balance and harmony of the number 6.

My horoscopes: “Communicate from a centered space today, Sagittarius. Fortunately, the nature of the day caters to your needs and desires. You shouldn't have to work too hard to get what you want. Things should come to you naturally. You may wonder why you got stressed out before over what now seem to be small issues. Consciously release the worry and concern that are still stored in your body.

And: “Finding the answer you seek could be much easier when you take a position that is more adamant about where you stand now and where you want to be later on. If you continue to be uncertain and relaxed about which way to proceed, others are apt to take advantage of you and step all over you on their way. You have the strength and power of an active imagination to fuel your desires. It is time to put these into effect.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the King of Pentacles.  The King of Pentacles is the ruler of the material world.  He is like a huge tree; his roots are deep so he can access nourishment from the Earth itself, and his branches reach high and broad, so he can offer shade and protection to all who stand under him.  And he offers us all bounty and a bright future; after all, each acorn that grows and then falls from his tree contains the potential to become a forest.

I just got back from today’s Yoga class.  While I enjoyed my weekend immensely, it feels good to be back to my routine.  Last week was the first week I did not go into the office; looks like my “day job” is going to be coming to an end really soon.  But my husband is busy, and I am enjoying working with him immensely.  But I will need to create a new schedule for myself; I need to be careful during this time of transition, because I don’t want to form any bad habits!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment