Tuesday, October 23, 2012


Ten of Swords reversed/Three of Wands reversed. The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) in an upright position tells of the complete manifestation of interference, powerlessness and restriction.  My Ten of Swords is reversed, so I won’t feel bogged down by the tasks of the day.  In fact, I just may attack each of them with unexpected enthusiasm. The Three of Wands (Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, the deepest self and personal power, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, pioneering, assertive) tells of being successfully established after some effort expended.  My Three of Wands is reversed, so today may not be about new creations, and this makes sense when combined with my reversed Ten of Swords.  The cycle is not ending yet, and I need to focus my mind on the current tasks at hand, rather than looking ahead and stepping forward.  Not yet, but soon.

My Thoth card is the Seven of Disks.  “Failure” is the keyword for this card. The Seven of Disks (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, law and order, in Taurus, “I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn) represents a time when we look at the fruits of our labors in order to determine if they are ready for harvest.  Crowley sees this card as being a bit more of a throwing down of the garden tool and abandoning the project, rather than leaning on the tool in order to see what we’ve accomplished. Since this card came via my Thoth Tarot, I will take Crowley’s interpretation to heart, and try to be sure I keep an even flow of energy through my day so I can persevere.

My Legacy card is the Eight of Cups, flavored by the Four of Swords.  Hmmm . . . interesting pair. laziness, sluggishness, lethargy or idleness.  The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth) is a card of action, telling of an ending or a decline or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions.  This card could be telling of the ebbing of the effectiveness of a situation to the point that abandonment might be the only choice.  However, my Eight of Cups is being flavored by the Four of Swords. The Four of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) can represent a pause or truce, a time of silence and isolation, and a time of being cut off from the world yet still alert. It seems that all my cards today are telling me that my initial impression may be that action is called for, but I had better pause and look before I leap.  Today is about putting the final touches on the plan, I guess.  Tomorrow may be the day of action. 

My 6-digit date number is 9, the number of completeness (but not completion) of manifestation or effect.

My horoscopes: “Put on some lively music you can dance to and really kick up your heels, Sagittarius. It's time to put away the sour mood and have fun with a large group of people. You will find that the more you engage in intellectual discussions, the more you will get warmed up to the idea that life should be fun, not the pain and stress you sometimes make it out to be.

And: “You may feel as if you are out of your league today. The good news is that, thanks to your flexible and adaptable nature, any league can always become yours after you take those magical steps to work the crowd and convince them that you mean the best. Have patience and understanding as you learn a new set of rules and a new group of people with their own unique habits and behaviors.

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Nine of Cups.  Oh, the image on this card instantly brings to mind the sensations I associate with this card!  This one is about pleasure, about the messages of our senses that sing with beauty and delight, and about just what we each have to do in order to find and access these delights. 

Another busy day.  I am finishing up my Reiki II booklet, so I can teach a Reiki II class this Saturday.  I am looking forward to teaching this one; I haven’t had the pleasure of passing a Reiki attunement for a while.

I am still working on making the transformation from a 9 to 5 job to working for hubby.  I am not yet settled into a schedule, so things are kind of in flux right now.  But it won’t take me long to get back to my astrology studies.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment