Tuesday, October 2, 2012


Ten of Wands/The Universe.  Well now, there’s a choice, eh?  Do I want to see myself as out of gas?  Or do I want to see myself at the end of a struggle and ready to achieve success?  The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill.  We know what that means, LOL; perceived limits are meant to be broken, aren’t they?! The Universe/World, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, stable and practical energy that is slow to change), Saturn (discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance), Thav (mark or sign), and the Path between Malkuth (the physical world of action and physical, outer reality) and Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world), and it is a card of integration and involvement and understanding, a crystallization of the entire issue at hand.  The cool thing about this card is that while it tells of the accomplishment of goals, it also contains within its energies a seed that will germinate and begin the next round of tasks.  Overwhelming?  Only if I view my world through the Ten of Wands!

My Thoth card is the Two of Cups reversed.  “Love” is reversed today; does that mean I don’t have love?  Not at all. The Two of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive, family and home oriented, tenacious, moody) in an upright position tells of about love and connections, usually connected to relationships and commonalities. The reversed Two of Cups can certainly indicate some disconnect, or maybe an inability of love to manifest; however, it can also be reminding us that some of the symptoms of love can end up being a distraction if they are presented in an imbalanced way.  Take passion, for example.  Love often rouses our passions, not only sexual passions but all kinds of passions of expectations.  But they can certainly end up being a distraction!  I’ve got to keep myself a bit grounded today, because the energy flows are more up and out than down and rooted. 

My Legacy card is the Seven of Cups, flavored by the Seven of Wands.  Two 7 cards. The number 7 tells of the pause that happens as growth slows and natural degeneration approaches.  This number usually tells of some crossroad and choice; are we done?  Or should we wait, and continue to work?  There is no safe choice associated with this pause, because **not** choosing is a choice, too. The Seven of Cups (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, obsessive, mysterious) represents the distraction, sensory overload and dissipation that can happen when we are presented with too many enticing choices. The traditional image of the Seven of Cups shows seven cups, each filled with what appears to be a wonderful gift: the Wreath (Saturn and The World); the Castle (Mars and The Tower), the Woman (Venus and The Empress); the Snake (Mercury and The Magician); the Veil (the Moon and The High Priestess), the Jewels (Jupiter and The Wheel of Fortune), and the Dragon (our Sun and The Sun).  All are enticing, but each possibility contains a hidden danger.  The Seven of Wands (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, drive, in Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, natural leader, egotistical, selfish) reminds me that my own judgment is worth relying on, and if I apply my own Will to the situation, things will turn out as I visualize them.  This card tells us to be active, in fact, to be pro-active.  We need to make things the way we want them, now, before someone else grabs hold of our goals and flavors them with other intentions.  My Seven of Wands is flavoring my Seven of Cups, which is interesting.  Looks like I am standing at a good vantage point, and can see into each of the Cups, and thus, can perceive the dangers and the delights.  From here, choices can be made.

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. 

My horoscopes: “You're a person of many talents, and today you're likely to discover yet another one, Sagittarius. The delivery of a new piece of equipment makes you feel like you've been given a toy for your sole enjoyment. But once you get the computer or piece of machinery up and running, you need to share it with your co-workers! They will be very impressed with your technical abilities

And: “You are by nature quick-witted, and today you are likely to be especially so. Your intellectual powers are operating on a very high level, and a wealth of new ideas may be coming to you from all sides, both from without and within. You're more talkative than usual and will want to share your ideas with those around you. Optimism and enthusiasm are definite keywords. Make the most of them!

My Shadowscapes Insight is regarding the Page of Swords.  This is a card of honesty and truthfulness, of seeing things clearly, and of being able to acknowledge and completely accept the dark and the light for what they are: neutral effects.  Logic is useful even when working with the mystical, for it is our intellect and the workings of our minds that allow us to understand even the most arcane, personal experience. 

Yesterday, I treated myself to an unplugged day.  I checked my emails first thing in the morning, and then did not even turn on my laptop again until last night.  Didn’t Tweet, didn’t blog; allowed the final wisps of the Internet to empty out of my energy field.  And today, I am better for this. 

To me, the Internet is a powerful tool that is very, very effective.  I don’t stay connected 24/7, I don’t have a smart phone, so I am not able to text.  But I do a lot of work on the web, and I belong to a large Wiccan eCommunity where I teach and learn in an ongoing basis.  People depend on me, and on my presence and interactions, so I can’t not be there.  But every once in a while, it feels good to disconnect.  Kind of like cleaning out temporary files and defragging the system; this allows me to start once again from a clean and orderly place. 

My physical world was business as usual, and I even went to a Yoga class last night.  And because of my break, I feel new enthusiasm for my tasks.  I will even attend a Yoga class tonight before my belly dance class!

Rawr!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment