Friday, October 21, 2011

Four of Wands reversed/Knight of Pentacles. The Four of Wands (Venus, beauty, allure, relationships, in Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, enthusiastic) in an upright position is about building enough to become established, as a beachhead, a pause before continuing, not as a finished product. Usually the reversed Four of Wands tells of a sense of bondage or of lethargy, and this makes sense because it is paired with the Knight of Pentacles. The Knight of Pentacles (cusp of Leo, “I am,” passionate, dramatic, egotistical, and Virgo, “I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented) tells of persistence to the point of being stubborn, and caution to the point of being boring. Since the Knight is upright, I am going to assume that the persistence and caution are beneficial today, but I will be real careful about allowing lethargy to get a foothold.

My Thoth card is the Princess of Cups. Third time this month. The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering); this Princess is intuitive and dreamy, very social in nature. But she can be a bit too unrealistic or overly sensitive, too. So I must try to remember that!

My legacy card is the Eight of Swords flavored by The Hermit reversed. The Eight of Swords (Jupiter, expansiveness and growth, justice, fortune, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable talkative, dual) shows the confusion and restriction that can result from actively seeking to use only the intellect to perceive reality. How easy it is to be deceived by circumstances! The Hermit, which corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes, and material, practical and stable energy that is slow to change), Virgo (“I serve,” practical, analytical, work and service oriented, orderly), Yod (open hand, touch), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Chesed (the place where forms and structure are stabilized and nurtured), is reversed, and it is flavoring my Eight of Swords. Perhaps the message of this reversed Hermit is that today needs to be about my outer world, not my inner feelings, because my inner feelings may not be accurate. Seems to be the theme of the whole reading!

My 6-digit date number is 6, the number of vertical and horizontal balance. Good!

My horoscopes: “Your energy could be low today, making this an ideal day to stay in and read or get any paperwork finished. It isn't glamorous, but at least it doesn't require much energy. Any writing you need to do will be clear and fluid. You have a gift, and today it's magnified. You should make good use of this auspicious day.”

And: “You may have been having a hard time lately reaching the objectives you had set for yourself. Unfortunately for you, today will be no different, and you may begin to feel a bit dissatisfied with the way your life is going at the moment. You will be asking yourself certain questions about your life goals. Does your personal life live up to those goals, and are you able to express your wonderful creativity as much as you would like?”

My Shadowscapes Insight for today is regarding the Ten of Pentacles. This card tells of the efforts we expend to create and maintain the reality that we desire, and the sense of fulfillment and accomplishment that fills us once we realize that we have accomplished this goal. I am reminded of my many blessings when I look at the image of this card, and I am also reminded that I need to look at what I’ve done, what I’ve accomplished, for it is worthy of being viewed.

I am leaving in a few hours for a weekend with friends in Copake, NY, and I am looking forward to spending some time in the woods, soaking up the Fall energies. I don’t know if I will have an internet connection, so I won’t be posting until the weekend is over. But rest assured, I will pull my cards! You will be in for a “Tarot Bonanza Treat”!!

Blessings!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment