Monday, October 31, 2011

Temperance/The Hierophant.  Wow, powerful pair! Temperance connects with Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) Fire (hot/separates and dry/shapes, and spontaneous, impulsive, energetic change), Samekh (the tent post), and the Path between Yesod (the place where patterns and images emerge that may manifest into the physical world of action and outer reality) and Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify), and it is one of the Major Arcana cards that presents the concept of dynamic balance.  This card tells me that I will be able to maintain my balance today, and lessen any harsh stances that will present themselves. The Hierophant corresponds with Earth (cold/binds and dry/shapes), Taurus (“I have,” sensual, cautious, stubborn), Vau (the nail which holds tradition in place), and the Path between Chesed (the place where forms and structures are stabilized and nurtured), and Chokmah (dynamic male energy, the origin of vital force and polarity).  This is a conservative card whose power is based on orthodox and proven systems.  It celebrates such systems, as well as learning, teaching, ritual and ceremony, and leading or being a part of a group.  The two cards work well together for The Hierophant infused with Temperance can lead without being a despot, and present culture and tradition without being a fundamentalist.  Cool.

My Thoth card is the Ten of Swords reversed.  “Ruin” is Crowley’s keyword for the Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative), which in an upright position is a card of interference and restriction.  The upright Ten of Swords tells of the total and complete breakdown of the thinking process but since my Ten is reversed today, my mind will be in good shape and I will be challenged by blockages rather than feeling martyred to them.

My Legacy card is the Queen of Wands reversed, flavored by the Nine of Swords. The Queen of Wands (cusp of Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality, and Aries, “I want,” action oriented, assertive, competitive) in an upright position is energetic and enthusiastic; because my Queen is reversed, endurance just might be an issue for me. The Nine of Swords (Mars, action, spontaneity, aggression, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, talkative, social, dual) is flavoring my reversed Queen of Wands.  It represents brooding and worrying, particularly the brooding and worrying that happens in the wee hours of the morning and ends up giving you a headache.  While I may find that circumstances are making my mind tired today, I should accept these circumstances rather than trying to fix them, and I should attempt to not worry about them, because worrying just makes those circumstances worse.

My Pearls of Wisdom Samhain card is Death reversed.  How appropriate! The Death card corresponds with Water (cold/binds and wet/adapts, and sensitive, imaginative energy that strives to stay the same or take the same course), Scorpio, Nun (fish head; liberation), and the Path between Tiphareth (the hub of the creation process where energies harmonize and focus to illuminate and clarify) and Netzach (the stimulating factors of emotion and inspiration), and tells of natural change that cannot be stopped.  We are programmed as human beings to fear Death, but actually this card represents a one-way trip into the unknown, which can be exhilarating.  My Death card is reversed today, so that change has happened, and I have survived.  The LWB with this deck states within the description for the Death card that we are “more alive without the body than with it”; an interesting and powerful concept to think about on Samhain.

My 6-digit date number is 7, the pause that comes with the end of growth as we transfer towards the beginning of degeneration.

My horoscopes: “Difficult tension may be frustrating for you to handle. You may wonder why everyone can't just get along. The answer may seem simple to you, with your easygoing attitude. Unfortunately, there are big egos and unrealistic attitudes involved that make it difficult for other people to see things so simply. You may find that the best you can do is take a step away from the fire.”

And: “The social agitation that has been in your life for the last three weeks is coming to an end. The celestial energy will help you to learn some lessons and prepare for the next cycle. It would be great if you had some success and honors because this would help you confront the upcoming weeks, which will be a time of meditation and feeling a little bit disconnected from the world.”

My Shaodwscapes Insight today is regarding the King of Wands. .  “He holds his staff aloft like a torch, a beacon of flame and light.  Or perhaps he himself is that beacon . . . .”  These words from the Shadowscapes Companion seem to best sum up the King of Wands.  He is the lighthouse, the big draw, and he knows what he is doing.  Ethical and energetic . . . the man to follow!

My Samhain has been intensely wonderful in so many ways!!  I spent the entire weekend with my 92 year old mother in law, Ellen, the two of us alone in Cape May.  What a perfect way to honor the Crone!!  Ellen and I spent much of the time in companionable silence, sharing coffee or sipping our wine; other times we reminisced about past vacations and holidays, and she told me stories of her youth and of her family members.  We weathered the nor’easter on Saturday nicely (a storm which dumped 7 inches of wet snow and more on North Jersey and which has caused power outages that are still in existence), sitting cozily in front of the fireplace.

After our Sacred Mists Reiki Share, I turned off the tv and the lights, and went up to my bedroom, to finally fulfill a request that Hecate had asked of me many months ago, a request that I was reminded of by Lady Lilyth during our WGW 2011 in Animal Kingdom.  So, this one’s for you, Lilyth! 

I sat cross-legged in the middle of my bed, facing East, and performed a full Sabbat Ritual with no script, no tools, and absolutely no pre-ritual preparations at all.

I began by taking several deep, cleansing breaths, and then opened and balanced my chakras.  Then, I closed my eyes, opened my third eye, and began.  I cast my circle, and once I was surrounded and protected by the glowing sphere of energy, I called each Watcher and each Elemental Guide using words from my heart.  I was able to visualize them all clearly, each Watcher in a black robe and hood, held closed at the neck by a brooch that symbolized the element and direction: a yellow tornado for East, a flame for South, a cauldron overflowing with water for West, and a tree for North.  My Elemental Guides appeared as well, clearly and in detail, stepping forward out of the billowing fog that surrounded the outside of my circle.

I invoked the Dark God, using words from my heart, and felt His presence clearly.  He was primitive and wild, filled with dark energy, advanced in years but still quite formidable because of His experience, knowledge and wisdom.  The Holly King was in my circle.

I invoked the Dark Goddess, once again using words from my heart, and felt Her arrival clearly.   Hecate had blessed me with Her presence, and by Her side were Her three dogs, their white fur with red points ghostly in the darkness.   The Crone was in my circle.

The room was positively crowded!  I soaked up the energy of Their presence, and then I began to speak. 

I acknowledged that these were the last hours of the Dark God, and I thought about Him gladly moving towards His death.  I thought about the concept of sacrifice; how powerful the sacrifice to be offered by Him!!  How must it feel to go forward to certain death?  I heard His words then, confidently speaking.

“My death is a natural part of My life.  This is the death that must be so that life can be immortal, and these moments of dark and rest are well worth spending in order to experience rebirth and renewal.  All true Kings are so much a part of Their Kingdoms, are so involved in the maintenance of Their Kingdoms, that they **become** Their Kingdoms.  And thus, I **am** life, all life.  How could I ask you to die if I, who represent life, am not willing to die?  Know that all life is eternal because we die; the night may be dark, but dawn will surely come and with it, new light and new life, and renewal for all.”

These words affected me deeply.  I realized that sacrifices are happening all around me, and I cannot exist but for the sacrifices made for my health, comfort and well-being.  I decided that I would be a bit more aware of these sacrifices, and a bit more grateful for them.

I thought about the Dark Goddess, and how She must feel, knowing that Her much-loved Consort would soon be sacrificed so that life would remain immortal.  I love the Winter and its time of inner focus, but I realized that in part, that darkness and coldness and silence happens because the Goddess is grieving the death of Her Lord.

I heard Her words then, confidently speaking.

“Yes, this is a time of grief, of grieving for that which must pass away and fade.  It is a time of anticipation of cold days and lonely nights, but these days and nights must happen.  We cannot know warmth without also knowing cold, and we cannot know companionship without also knowing solitude.  There is benefit to exploring our own Darkness, and the time for that exploration is upon us.  Through braving the Dark, we will become stronger, and better able to enjoy the coming Light.  Take this time to openly embrace the Dark within you.”

I was affected by Her words as well.  And I was reminded of the blessing of having a 92 year old mother in law who is so easy to be with.  For a moment, I honored, Ellen and I honored Hecate, and I felt rich with blessings.

I then said farewell to my Deities, and released the Watchers and my Elemental Guides, with gratitude and blessings.  What a beautiful experience!

Today, I got up, got on the road, and took Ellen home to North Jersey.  I gave her an extra hug, in honor of Samhain, and kissed her.  I arrived home just in time to attend the Sacred Mists Sabbat Ritual in the afternoon.  I was honored by Lady Raven, who asked me to do the pre-ritual meditation.  LOL, I had nothing prepared, but I was confident that after my intense focuses on Samhain this entire weekend, I would be able to lead a fitting meditation.  I was pleased with the result, and I was certain that I was being offered words by Someone.

During the ritual, I once again felt the energies of the Dark God and the Dark Goddess; the Watchers and my Elemental Guides were also clearly present.  How nice that those energies from my ritual last night were still with me, and were renewed and reignited within the Sacred Mists Sabbat!

Happy Samhain to all, and blessings of the Third Harvest to each of you!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment