Monday, October 17, 2011

Knight of Wands/Three of Cups. The Knight of Wands (cusp of Scorpio, “I desire,” intense, controlling, deep, obsessive, and Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) is a person of passion and courage, but he is a bit unpredictable, and his courage can be sometimes a bit foolhardy in the end.  The Three of Cups (Mercury, reason, intelligence, orderliness, communication, in Cancer, “I feel,” sensitive tenacious, nurturing, moody), which tells of the possibility of experiencing emotional abundance, emotional connections to others, and emotional support as a part of the day, is one of the most energetic of the Cups cards.  These two cards together predict an exciting and fulfilling day, but there won’t be much grounding to be had, at least from these two.  While I certainly can allow myself to be consumed by good spirits, I should strive to keep a small part of my brain in touch with a bit of grounding.

My Thoth card is the Eight of Cups. The Eight of Cups (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitation, law and order, in Pisces, “I believe,” feeling, duality, suffering, soul growth), which Crowley names “Indolence,” tells of an ending or a change of direction, often one associated with emotions.  Crowley also associates this card with a lack of interest.  I need to be careful today that I don’t get bogged down by low expectations; instead, I should aim for the sun!

My Legacy card is the Ten of Swords reversed, flavored by the Nine of Cups.  Look at all that Water today!! The Ten of Swords (the Sun, the inner core of a person or situation, in Gemini, “I think,” curious, sociable, dual, talkative) is a card of interference and restriction, but my Ten of Swords is reversed, so it is empowering me.  No matter what challenges come before me, in the end I will be satisfied with the results.  Particularly because my reversed Ten of Swords is being flavored by the Nine of Cups (cusp of Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, suffering, soul growth), which is about emotional satisfaction of the best kind: the kind that comes due to the actions of luck.

My 6-digit date number is 11 (Archangel Uriel), which reduces further to the number 2, balance and polarity. 

My horoscopes: “Over the past few years you've been aware that both you and your chosen life path are changing. This hasn't always been easy for you, because it sometimes means saying goodbye to parts of yourself that you're rather fond of. Today the tension of the past week may get to you. Defuse the tension. Go for a workout, shop, or clean the house. Keep the emotions in check.”

And: “It isn't because your new projects demand such precision that they are causing you problems, Nancy. You still have a tendency to think that details impede you from having a global vision but this is simply not the case. There really is no conflict between the long-term view and the short-term needs. You just think that the latter gets in the way of the former. Try thinking of the details that you find so annoying as stepping stones to your larger vision.”

My Shadowscapes Insight today is regarding the Nine of Pentacles.  Oh, this makes so much sense for me today.  The last time this card appeared for me, I said: “Balancing spiritual needs with the requirements of the physical realms takes focus and the imposition of Will.”  Yes, the spiritual being that is me needs to be in contact with my physical life, for that is what life is.  But what I also need to do is connect to the gifts I already have.  I worked hard to bring them to me, and just for today, I will not worry about the stresses of tomorrow.  Just for today, I will experience my blessings.

I have learned an amazingly important lesson today.  Healers need healing, and sometimes they can’t heal themselves. 

I do a lot of energy work on myself.  I open and balance and cleanse my chakras, I apply Reiki to myself.  I meditate.  I walk.  These are all wonderfully healthy practices.  I know, in my heart and in my mind, that these kinds of connections to my subtle body help to keep me healthy and balanced. 

I am a Reiki Master, and as of this date I have 48 hours of training as a Vedic Thai-Yoga massage therapist.  I bring healing to others on a regular basis, and I am fed by this healing.  I love the way I feel after giving someone bodywork.  But here is the thing: no matter how much I work with my energy body and no matter how much I balance and cleanse myself, there are things that I just can’t do for myself.  Heck, I tell my clients this all the time.  The asanas I offer within the bodywork can’t be self-applied.

Tonight, I received a session of IGM acupressure and energy healing from two people.  It wasn’t until they started working on me that I realized how much “stuff” had accumulated within me, despite my efforts to keep clean and balanced.  Now I know why I’ve felt so heavy.

Maintenance is important.  I do need to remember this.  And sometimes I can’t do it all for myself.

$>

4 comments:

  1. Woodchops present an incredible core workout and are ideal to perform with a resistance band. Simply step on the band with your left foot and grab the band with both hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathe in via your nose even though keeping your back straight and then breathe out when pulling your navel up and in without moving your spine. Do this twelve times and repeat for three sets to obtain a good abdominal and core workout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of something I read in one of the advice columns today, about someone who does healing work but who needed an ear - only thing was every time he looked for someone to listen, he wound up listening to them instead! But you, my dear, are smart and self aware enough to know when you need to be nurtured and sounds like you knew to get it too. So glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Charice!! I will check that out.

    My Dearest E, thank you for that. We do forget, don't we, that as healers we have a responsibility to care for ourselves, too! You've validated what I learned.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete