Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Queen of Pentacles reversed/Five of Pentacles. My focus will not be on family today, but rather on the things that I don’t have but need, or maybe the things that I believe I don’t have or think that I need. I may find that I am counting my pennies today, and this lack of funds may get me down. I need to remind myself that I can’t get too focused on money, for much of what I value cannot be bought by any coin.

My Thoth card for today is the Nine of Cups. Crowley calls this card “Happiness” but in reality we should think of it as being “sated.” This Nine tells of the perception of having all that is needed, and particularly tells of the knowledge that much of what has been gained has come to us through luck. Icing on the cake!! Like The Sun of the Major Arcana, I should enjoy this time of fullness, for if it is allowed to remain too long, it transforms into putrefaction.

They banded the three eaglets today. I did not catch them taking the eaglets out of the nest, but I watched them put the birds back. They have gotten so big! The oldest has feathers, half out of their casings, on its wings and tail, and is standing up on his feet, rather than leaning on the backs of his legs, and is already regularly flapping his wings. The other two have visible pinfeathers on their wings and tails. I was surprised at how docile the chicks were when they were placed back into the nest; the three of them just sat there calmly, watching the two men who brought them back up to the nest. Blood samples and a feather were taken from each as well as the bands being placed on them, so hopefully we will be hearing the gender of the birds.

I organized all of my jewelry making stuff. I have five large faceted stones, about 15 cabochons of varying sizes, and about 30 usable pieces of beach glass. I found some great instructions online for a nice wrapped pendant, I have tools, and my samples of wire. LOL, I put it all in a Godiva Chocolate shopping bag, to pick up on the sympathetic energies.

I can’t believe how busy I have been since before Easter. Every night something else unexpected crops up, and I owe phone calls and emails all over the place! But we will be filing the last big document at work by the end of this week, and maybe things will slow down a bit.

Sharon and her family will be coming to Cape May this weekend, so we should be doing a lot of hiking and beach combing. I can’t wait to see if any of the seeds have started to sprout, and I think there are going to be a bunch of flowers on the wisteria. And boy, is it gonna be a good weekend, weather wise!!! Beach, here I come!!

$

No comments:

Post a Comment