Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ace of Cups reversed/Two of Cups reversed. Okay then, that is a clear message. Today will not be a “touchy-feely” kind of day, and any emotions that present themselves may be unsettling or uncomfortable, and they may seem to impact my relationships or connections with others. I am being told that I may have difficulty bringing love into the events of my day, and I am also being told that the relationships that may be impacted by this difficulty could be those dealing with some form of immaturity or inexperience.

My Thoth card for today is the Knight of Cups. Another Cups card! This Knight is seen as a messenger bringing calmness, serenity and messages from the source of inner wisdom. However, Crowley saw this card as being more sinister in nature. This Prince (Knight) is seen as being calm on the exterior, but this surface serenity hides hidden passions, the desire for power and wisdom, and ruthlessness. The Knight of Cups is seen as without conscience because of his ability to be ruthless while appearing calm and undisturbed by the actions he must take.

What a great weekend we had! The flight out on Friday morning was positively terrifying, but we got to Myrtle Beach safe and sound. Murrells Inlet is in full Spring, and the azaleas and wisteria and camellias and other flowers are breathtaking. The guys played golf as soon as we arrived, and the girls went to Huntington Beach State Park and toured Atalaya (the winter home of Archer and Anna Huntington, built right on the beach in the 1930’s). After we walked through Atalaya (which had the most beautiful inner courtyard lined with palm trees and with a Moroccan style tower in the middle of it, hence the name “Atalaya,” which is Moroccan for “tower”), we spent the rest of the afternoon walking on the beautiful beach in the state park. Dunes and an empty beach, with the sun shining and the sky a beautiful blue; what else can you ask for? I even put my toes into the ocean. Once we built up a nice appetite, we all went out to a great steak restaurant in Myrtle Beach for dinner. I was a carnivore this weekend, fer sher.

On Saturday, we hung out in the yard most of the day, sitting in the sun. We had a badminton tournament (LOL, visualize a bunch of 50 and 60 year olds playing; not a pretty sight!) and spent a lot of the time sitting and chatting, catching up on all of our lives. Then John, our hosts’ son, cooked a completely awesome meal for us (Colorado lamb; more meat!). We ended up breaking in the new fire pit after dinner, and finished the night sitting by a lovely fire after DeeDee and I spent about 30 minutes in the woods with flashlights looking for kindling. LOL, I went pretty deep into the woods, and all of a sudden, every crack of a twig had me gasping. What a baby I am sometimes.

Sunday the guys left early to play golf again. I got up pretty early, and sat outside on the back porch, watching and listening to the different birds calling back and forth, and watching the butterflies passing through the yard. To my delight, two coopers hawks came and sat in the trees, and called back and forth loudly to each other for about 5 minutes; what a great way to start the day!! The girls went back to BrookGreen and walked around the gardens for several hours. I was overjoyed to be back to Oak Alley and walking under those 250 year old live oaks. There is nothing I can compare to standing beneath these ancient behemoths; tree hugger that I am, I find that standing beneath them is a positively spiritual experience. Sunday night we went to the Dead Dog Saloon for dinner. Monday, we finally made it home after a 5 ½ hour delay due to weather; another nail-biting takeoff. And you wonder why I drink when I fly, no matter what time my flight is? Oy. But I guess the sheer terror nicely balances out the enjoyment of the rest of the weekend.

Back to reality! Oh, and the eagle chicks have primary feathers sprouting on their wings. The parents are confident enough in their strength to leave them alone in the nest. Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great weekend...awesome for you!

    I *hear* you on being terrified to fly..it's one of the crazy things about me...I love travel...flying makes me have anxiety attacks...absolutely hate it..blech!

    Glad you are safe and sound. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I won't let my fear prevent me from flying, but I *will* have a cocktail or two. Alcohol works well to soothe the savage beast that is my fear. ;)

    ReplyDelete