Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Queen of Cups/Two of Cups reversed. Today will be a day of intuition and the subconscious, and I will find myself focusing on fantasies and visualizing the goals that have yet to be. But I do need to be aware that I should use my head as well as my heart today, for my distractions have the potential to cause complications in my relationships to others. Balance is the key.

I have started something new today: I pulled one Thoth card to supplement my usual two-card draw. I won’t necessarily be doing this every single day, but as often as I have the time to do it, I will pull one extra card. My Thoth card for today is the Seven of Disks reversed. Whew! Glad that one is reversed, for in the upright position, Crowley’s Seven of Disks tells of lots of effort with little reward. That should not be the case today; however because the card appeared at all, even though it is reversed, there is a warning for me, a sort of “what could be if I don’t keep trying” situation.

I somehow broke my Turkish evil eye protection amulet the other day, and then knocked off a hubcap while parking my car (I retrieved the hubcap), and then had my rear view mirror broken by someone driving by. Oy. I made sure that I bought a new one at my dance class last night. My poor car!!

We leave early Friday morning for Myrtle Beach; should be a fabulous weekend. There are three other couples flying down with us; that makes five couples. I expect that I will not be sticking to my diet, but hey . . . I don’t get to be together with the entire group that often.

The three eaglets at the Virginia Botanical Gardens website are doing just fine. I check out the webcam whenever I have a moment, and I often catch Mom or Dad feeding the kids. They are so cute! The chicks are still in that “downy fuzz, swaying back and forth” stage; soon they will be sprouting feathers. The sweetest part of the feeding happens when both of the parents are at the nest, as they were this morning when I checked on the family. The male will help to feed the chicks, but he will also spend some time feeding Mom. Apparently, this is part of the pair bonding for eagles, and this pair has been together for several years now. Here is a link to the webcam: http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.html

More exciting news: a friend of mine is writing a children’s book, and she has asked me to do the illustration for the cover. I am really excited about this! I sent her a few sketches, and she loved them. Another creative outlet! And believe me, typing this here is a courageous act on my part; it makes this commitment real.

No comments:

Post a Comment