Tuesday, August 16, 2016

July 26, 2016: Shadow Work and Endings


My card for today: the Ace of Cups.  Another Water card; synchronicity is still at work!  Here are my thoughts regarding the Ace of Cups.  This card has a simple image on it: a chalice.  The background is blue, representing the element of Water that is represented by the Cup, and it appears that golden light is shining out of the Cup, but we can’t be sure.  Is the Cup filled with some kind of beautifully glistening Water?  Or is it empty, and what we are seeing is actually an illusion or a dream?  We can’t tell yet, but the possibility of experiencing something wonderful is there.

Well, the direction of West is about endings; it tells of the end of the time of daylight as the night approaches.  It is also about emotions and feelings, and since I am also dealing with the Great Work and Dissolution, which is about breaking down the structures within my psyche in order to release what no longer serves me, it should come as no surprise that a past event, and event that I have dealt with again and again but have never completely exorcised from my mind and my emotions and my spirit, has raised its ugly head once again. 

There is no need to go into detail; it is enough to say that I was very wounded by this time in my life, and get a knot in my stomach whenever I think about it.  My Shadow Work in the past has always been connected to this event, so it should not surprise me that it has reappeared.  Perhaps I can put it behind me for good, this time.

Since I am working with Satevis, I asked her what I should do. My choice is to become involved in an argument, or walk away and in walking away, allow blame to be placed on me.  Her answer was simple and without hesitation: “Let it wash from you.”  I asked every “but” question I could think of, and her response was the same five calmly-spoken words: “Let it wash from you.” 


I went back to re-read my thoughts about the Ace of Cups, and these words jumped out at me: “. . . and it appears that golden light is shining out of the Cup, but we can’t be sure.  Is the Cup filled with some kind of beautifully glistening Water?  Or is it empty, and what we are seeing is actually an illusion or a dream?”  Do I need to justify myself to someone who will never see my side of this ancient story?  No, I don’t.  My conscience is pure and clean, as I tried to take the high road at all times.  Perhaps I should, as Satevis suggested, let it wash from me.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment