Wednesday, August 3, 2016

July 19, 2016: Ophion

July 19, 2016:

Back to reality after a nice weekend spent in the garden.  I feel as if I’ve finally detoxed.  I did a meditation and reconnected with Haftorang.  As soon as I entered the crack in the stone, he was waiting for me.

“It’s about time,” he said, and sighed.  “I did not mean to frighten you so much that you would not touch base with me.”

He went on to say that my work has been good.  I am delving deeply, just as he intended.  He also confirmed that Water was my next step, but not quite yet.  Haftorang feels that I need to work a bit with Ophion before moving on, and he feels I should do this right now.  I told him now was not good; I have an article to write for my column.  Of course, that is not hos problem.

He pointed to a rock ledge, told me to sit down and work with Ophion, and then Journal my experiences.  I guess I’m doing a meditation with Ophion.

It did not take long for my Elemental Guide to appear, surrounded by the fragrance of green grass, flowers, and moisture.  Ophion asked me to review what I know about the element of Earth, and so I dusted off the files in my mind. 

In its natural state, Earth is cool and dry, and it binds or shapes the other elements.  Earth is of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply and being well-grounded.  Earth is the element of form and substance; it is connected to material world security (and even wealth), and to our physical bodies and physical senses, and the pleasures and pains they bring.  Earth represents the nurturing and serene side of Nature, and it represents the tangible end result of our labors.  Earth is about security and stillness, and knowing what to expect; it is about strength, discipline, and physical manifestation of all kinds, and about enjoying the fruits of our labors.  Earthly energies are fertile, practical, and slow to change.

Ophion nodded, and then added that our Earth is the vehicle of all life.  Our Earth is filled with the possibility contained in lives not yet born, and it is a repository for lives that have lived already. He reminded me that we are surrounded by the workings of Nature, and those workings and processes are proof of the sacredness of our world.  The element of Earth itself is the fertile potential.  While a profitable or vibrant or secure life cannot be assured, I am surrounded by what is needed in order to make my life what I want it to be.  I have only to reach out and access these tools for manifestation.

I threw a card from the Wild Unknown Tarot, and got Justice.  This card shows a white cat and a black cat sitting down in a mirror image pose, tails overlapped, facing forward next to each other and looking back over inner shoulders, in an archetypal image of yin/yang.  These two positive/negative images are laced together and dependent on each other (as reflections are always dependent on what is being reflected).  There is a balance to the image on this card as well, and Justice is one of those cards that presents a version of balance; this version of balance happens by the interaction of cause and effect, actions and results, choices and outcomes. 

I am reminded by all of this, my talk with Ophion and my Tarot card of the day, of the concept of As Above, So Below.  As I think about my experiences with this concept, particularly while working with The Emerald Tablet, I can feel Haftorang’s pleasure. 


“You must understand the whole of life.  Not just one little part of it.  That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand.  For all that is life.”  Jiddu Krishnamurti

No comments:

Post a Comment