Monday, August 8, 2016

July 21, 2016: Here Comes Dissolution


LOL, so I asked the question, “Have I completed the cycle?” as I shuffled my Wild Unknown Tarot this morning.  I threw the Eight of Cups, and here is what the LWB offers as a keyword for this card: moving on.  I kid you not.  Synchronicity again; methinks synchronicity is becoming a powerful tool for me.

Here are my thoughts regarding the Wild Unknown Tarot Eight of Cups: This one shows a black, craggy mountain in the background with a dark sky, and eight shattered Cups in the foreground.  The message here actually may not be clear to some people, but it is there nevertheless.  Sometimes things are so broken that we are better off walking away.  There, I said it.  This image shows broken Cups with that dark mountain which is shutting out the light, which means that even if we had some glue, we won’t be able to effectively attempt to fix things.  We would be better off if we close ourselves off from the impossible task and turn away; this way, we can begin again and maybe, just maybe, receive a bit more fulfillment.

I don’t think things are hopelessly broken, but I think I’ve exhausted my information search, for now at least, regarding Watcher Haftorang and his correspondences.  I feel good; I’ve done some good work here.  As disturbing as it initially was for me when Haftorang appeared, I am already excited about what has come from that initial meditation.

Since the next Watcher has not yet revealed himself/herself/itself to me, I will move to the next step in the Great Work, Dissolution.  Here is some information I found from the internet and from my Complete Idiot’s Guide:

Chemically, Dissolution is accomplished by dissolving the ashes from Calcination in water.  Dissolution is represented by iron oxide or rust; rust illustrates the potentially corrosive powers of Water on even the hardest of metals. The Egyptians smelted Iron as far back as 1500 BCE and used iron compounds in tonics and as disinfectants.  This process can also be seen as a transformation; after all, dropping a sugar cube into a glass of water transforms the sugar, or reduces it to a less-solid state. 

Psychologically, this represents a further breaking down of the artificial structures of the psyche by total immersion in the unconscious, non-rational, feminine or rejected part of our minds.  This is different from Calcination, which is connected to the element of Fire, and thus to The Sun card, our sun, and to the daylight.  Dissolution is about cold, wet, and dark, and to me it is about the illusion of The Moon and the hidden knowledge of The High Priestess (and yes, I do still think in Tarot metaphors).  Our moon is lit by our sun; it is a reflection of the sun.  Once again, I am shown As Above, So Below.

Calcination is to a large part an unconscious process in which our conscious minds let go of control to allow the surfacing of buried material. It is opening the floodgates and generating new energy from the waters held back. Dissolution can be experienced as “flow,” the bliss of being well-used and actively engaged in creative acts without traditional prejudices, personal hang-ups, or established hierarchy getting in the way.

Working with the Shadow is not comfortable, but it is a necessary step in the Great Work.  This is the part of the subconscious the rejected segments of my personality are found.  I’ve worked with the Shadow before, and I know that examining these painful repressed emotions is not fun.  I do know, however, that the goal of these two steps is to get rid of contaminations.  Calcination burns contamination and the ego which guards it, and dissolution washes away mental habits, rigid beliefs and projections.

Physiologically, Dissolution is the continuance of the kundalini experience, the opening-up of energy channels in the body to recharge and elevate every single cell. Dissolution takes place in the sacral chakra and involves the lungs and spleen.  In society, the process of steady growth through gradual Dissolution is exemplified by agrarian, monastic, or agriculture-based lifestyles. On the planetary level, Dissolution is the Great Flood, the cleansing of the earth of all that is inferior.

$>


No comments:

Post a Comment