Thursday, April 2, 2015

4/1/15 Princess of Cups reversed and Three of Swords

The Hermetic Tarot today.  My cards are The Princess of Cups reversed and (eeep!) the Three of Swords. 

The Princess/Page of Cups corresponds to Libra (“we are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation), Scorpio (“I desire,” intensity compulsion, mystery) and Sagittarius (“I seek,” philosophic, adventurous, blundering) and is a card of soft and tender energies and of getting fulfillment through connections to others, and through innocent and simple joys.  Often this card is seen as representing a more immature version of the Queen of Cups, and that means she might be seeing the world through rose-colored glasses.  She is Earth of Water, and thus all about feelings and sensations, particularly pleasant feelings and sensations.  

The Hermetic Tarot Princess of Cups stands within a churning sea with white-capped waves, surrounded by creatures who live in or on the water: two swans, a dolphin and a turtle, and framed by what look like fronds of seaweed.  The Hermetic Tarot sees this Princess in an upright position as representing sweetness and dreaminess, kindness and imagination. 

The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  Often, this card is seen as indicating not a specific sorrow, but rather melancholy, the kind of melancholy that actually brings changes for the good in the end.  We know now what is going on, so we can begin to heal, and allow the tears to wash away the things that no longer serve me.  An interesting keyword to this one is “rupture”; that makes sense with the traditional image associated with this card.

The Hermetic Tarot Three of Swords shows three Swords held by three hands, all pointing upward, and surrounded by a flower that has been sliced into pieces.  The meanings all resonate for me today: the sowing of discord, sorrow, tears, and even mirth in evil pleasures.

My reversed Princess of Cups is telling me that today I might have difficulty enjoying whatever feelings roll over me, and perhaps I need to remember that while things may seem directed at me, in the end I should not let them be about me.  I need to be careful because I could be either creating drama, or buying into someone else’s drama.  The Three of Swords is proof of that, and it reminds me that my emotions won’t be my only discomfort today.  My brain may be working overtime, and not in a peaceful or serene manner.  Yes, that one story keeps circling around, repeating again and again in my mind, building that discomfort until it is almost unbearable.  My own fault though; I need to unplug that analysis loop and stop worrying about things I cant change.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment