Thursday, April 30, 2015

4/30/15 Ten of Wands and Daughter of Swords

The last day of April, already!  Today I am working with the Wild Unknown Tarot.  The cards I threw are the Ten of Wands and the Daughter of Swords. 

The Ten of Wands (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering) tells of being taxed to some perceived limit, or of feeling as if we are out of gas at the bottom of a hill that must be climbed.  This card can also tell of a passion or idea that has taken a life of its own and then gotten out of control or taken over everything else.  Sometimes success can be oppressive; if we get lucky and we are not prepared to take on what we’ve been given, the burden can seem crushing. 

The Wild Unknown Ten of Wands is a dark card, the darkness is caused by the many Wands, acting like dark brambles, blocking the light that is in the background of the card.  Just the anticipation of attempting to push through those brambles to the light beyond them, or even to cut them away in order to allow the light in, is overwhelming.  Granted, the end result could be beneficial, but from this vantage point, all I can see is an almost impenetrable blockage, the overcoming of which just might take more effort than I have available to me.

The Page of Swords (Capricorn, “I build,” ambitious, competent, cautious, cunning, Aquarius, “I know,” friendships, the group, society, cause-oriented, and Pisces, “I believe,” feelings, duality, soul growth, spirituality) encourages us to use our mind and intellect to analyze our situations as well as our emotions and feelings.  This Page may be a bit on the stern side, but she is alert and looking in all directions, she is clever, she is knowledgeable, and she is aiming high. 

The Wild Unknown Pages are known as the Daughters.  The image on the Daughter of Swords is of a young owl perched on a Sword, with a dark night sky behind the owl sprinkled with multi-colored stars.  The owl is alert and watchful, but does not seem frightened or agitated.  To me, she is seeing things clearly with eyes that have not been prejudiced by past experiences.  This ability to see things as they are right now, without imposing expectations or intentions, can offer powerful insight!

The message of these two cards is clear: today things may seem to be such an effort!  I may feel as if I am constantly needing to expend energy in order to get things done.  From my vantage point, every task may seem insurmountable, but if I examine the situation with a cool head and attempt to look beyond the formidable first step, the overcoming of initial inertia, without expectations and without examining the entire process, I will be able to make things happen.

Sometimes examining the entire process is overwhelming; in these instances, we are better off just looking at one step, one step only.  We don’t look to the next step until the current one is complete.  That should be my plan for today!

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment