Wednesday, April 29, 2015

4/26/15 Transparent Oracle Sunday!

Transparent Oracle Sunday!!

58, Grail Hollows: The Spear (Below). The direction of Below is not easily associated with spirituality, yet it is a powerful symbol representing the opportunity to create a strong foundation, and to connect to the tools and powers of the Underworld.  The Spear is about challenges and sacrifice, karma and focus, severe consequences and the concept of “piercing.”  The Spear can be seen like a scalpel which in the hands of a skilled surgeon can cut out disease (even if leaving a scar).  Redundancy is destroyed by The Spear in order to clear the land so new growth can begin.

32, Weather: Snow (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Snow has a magickal effect on the landscape and our surroundings; when snow falls, it covers everything and hides details as well as mutes sounds.  The mantle of white is made of countless tiny, unique crystals, and like a blanket, the covering of snow insulates and protects.

5, Landscape: Mountains (East). East is the direction of the rising sun, and thus of new beginnings and fresh ideas, as well as knowledge, intellectual ideas and thoughts.  Mountains tells us that our goals are in sight, but there will still need to be strength, skill and perseverance before accessing that goal.  Mountains also allow us to rise up above the chaos, confusion and noise of our mundane world in order to experience peace and solitude.  This card tells me that I’ve got a good strong foundation in place, and now it is time to look forward and up.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  The Mountains appear to be surrounding The Spear, and everything is covered in Snow!  This mandala has a hugely powerful message to me: time to clear or cut away what is not serving me.  This “surgery” will take some effort and focus and perseverance, but if I shut out all the confusion around me, I can make this happen.  I have a feeling the instructions will come to me during meditation, but I do need to remember that it’s hard to sit in meditation if the physical body is not comfortable.  All of these cards tell of effort and the application of hard-earned skills; there is one common thread as well: these efforts can only be done by me, so they must be accomplished in a solitary fashion.

Hmmmm . . . that is my current focus in my Third Degree training, as I am walking the Pathway of the Solitary.  Looks like this Pathway just might be life-changing, if I can hang in there and focus to the end.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment