Saturday, April 4, 2015

4/3/15 Mother of Pentacles and Three of Swords (again!)

Back to the Wild Unknown Tarot!   I threw the Mother of Pentacles and the Three of Swords again.  Boy, looks like I need to learn something about this Three of Swords. 

The Mother of Pentacles is the same as the Queen of Pentacles. The Queen of Pentacles (cusp of Sagittarius, “I seek,” philosophic, fun-loving, blundering, and Capricorn, “I build,” ambition, caution, cunning, authoritative) is very good at sustaining the physical world, keeping things dry and cozy and safe and orderly.  She has a “greatness of soul” and can easily manifest this greatness around her through the manifestation of her visualizations, and help everyone, including herself, in the process.  She is comfortable with all physical world sensations and experiences, she understands the philosophies behind building and healing and nurturing, and she is able to find beauty in all experiences.  This Queen represents Water of Earth, and represents a time when emotions support the senses (or counteract them, if the card is reversed).

The Wild Unknown Mother of Pentacles is such a beautiful card!  It makes me feel safe and warm and very loved. The doe in the image is comfortable with her legs tucked under her, but her eyes are open and her ears are pricked.  She needs to be alert, because her fawn is fast asleep by her side.  He curls up against her, soothed by her warmth and her support as he sleeps peacefully.  She will make certain that he is not disturbed, and when he wakes, she will fill his belly.

The Three of Swords (Saturn, discipline, responsibility, limitations and resistance, in Libra, “We are,” partnerships, balance, cooperation) usually indicates the possibility that logic, rationalizing and the intellect could end up causing harm if they are not used with balance and compassion.  Often, this card is seen as indicating not a specific sorrow, but rather melancholy, the kind of melancholy that actually brings changes for the good in the end.  We know now what is going on, so we can begin to heal, and allow the tears to wash away the things that no longer serve me.  An interesting keyword to this one is “rupture”; that makes sense with the traditional image associated with this card.

This is not a pleasant image, although I have yet to see a pleasant image on this card.  The three Swords are bound together by a long red ribbon, tangled and wrapped around the blades to the point that it seems they will never be freed.  And those red smudges . . . blood?  Is the ribbon red because of those smudges?  The red of the ribbon and the black hole of the background are frightening, and they suggest pain and isolation, and maybe even betrayal (someone had to sneak up on those blades and tangle them up with the ribbon).  But I’ve recently been looking at Swords stuck into the ground as offering the concept of ownership, and if that is so, these three Swords, pointing upward, hint that things have gone out of control here.  Yes, there may be pain, and isolation, and maybe even betrayal.  But these are Swords!  If I own them, if I accept that this is an uncomfortable situation, and then grab the Swords and take control, I can slice away the ribbon that binds, and wipe off the red smudges, even if I cut myself in the process.

The message here is obvious, and I actually understand it.  Yes, my mind’s analytical process can get out of control.  Apparently for me, this can happen easily.  But I should nip things in the bud by nurturing myself without judgment.  If I love myself and accept myself, I might be able to resist falling into that agony of judgment.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment