Monday, March 9, 2015

3/8/15

Transparent Oracle Sunday!

38, Guide: Owl (North).  North is the direction of Earth, and thus of the physical or physically formed or manifested world, and of nurturing, health, finances and security, and the wisdom associated with living simply, being well-grounded, and being in touch with our physical body.  Owl is a night hunter, and thus is very good at perceiving things, even in the dark.  Because Owl can fly silently, he is also associated with silence; dark silence can be uncomfortable for some.  Owl tends to be solitary, but this nature allows Owl to be objective and detached, and to gain much wisdom from life experiences.

41, Gateway: The Celestial Realm (Above).  Both our solar system, and the vast reaches of space beyond, have an effect on us, and we need to acknowledge this effect and be aware of it.  While we should not allow only these effects to control our choices and actions, they are valid, and there can be higher meanings to seemingly mundane events at this time.  The Celestial Realm Gateway has seven points, corresponding to the seven classical planets and the seven days of the week, offering both a broad and a more mundane influence; the seven-pointed star is also associated with angelic beings.  This Gateway tells me that the events in my life right how have higher levels of meanings than I am perceiving at first glance.  It might help to read today’s horoscope, or touch base with a Guardian Spirit.

34, Time of Day: Midnight (North). The dignities associated with Earth are: cold/binds and dry/shapes, and the energies are stable, material, practical, and slow to change or try something new.  Earth is about security and stillness, and knowing what to expect; it is about strength, discipline, and physical manifestation of all kinds, and about enjoying the fruits of our labors.  Midnight is a time of peace and serenity and lack of effort (in a good way); we are done with the previous day, and the new day is just barely thinking about beginning.  This time of darkness is filled with secrets and mysteries, and dreams of things to come.

I then stacked my cards and created my mandala.  The first things we see are Owls seeming to burst from the Gateway, carrying the crescent moon of Midnight.  And oh boy, does this validate my recent focus on my Shadow and my subconscious Self.  Owl is my Underworld Guide, and he hangs out with Ailm, one of my Guides (who happens to be a shaman).

I think it is interesting that as I put my Transparent Oracle cards away, a book toppled out of my bookcase.  That book is “When I see the Wild God: Encountering Urban Celtic Witchcraft” by Ly De Angeles.  I decided to re-read it and for some reason, this time it is really resonating for me.  I’ve been underlining sentences and placing explanation points in the margins!  I was meant to read this book right now.

It has been another busy week.  I’m still trying to find a rhythm now that I’ve added a few new Yoga classes to teach.  This busy-ness is all good, but I’m struggling to find the time to type up a blog entry. 

Be patient with me.

$>

No comments:

Post a Comment